If Hughes stays...

Ric said:
If we lose at The Hawthorns on Sunday Hughes is going to be under a lot of pressure, but I don't see the point in sacking him for the sake of it if we've got no realistic replacement lined up. Our history of continually sacking managers has hardly proved successful in the past after all. If things don't improve in the second half of the season then review his position in the summer, and see who's available then.

agreed.

the problem with that though is that everybody knows our weaknesses....INCLUDING HUGHES! however, until january there isnt much he can do to change this. the only option he really had was what he did re: swp/vassel/elano.. which has given us a more solid base but changed our attacking approach.

My point is, i dont expect much to change prior to january, and i just hope that if/when we lose to wba (because of these weaknesses) that he doesnt get the bullet. because if that the case, they should have sacked him the minute we signed robinho.

whp.blue said:
perhaps fans ought to wake up and see our dire situation and stop relying on

blind faith and unfounded optimism !

we are stuck with a piss poor inept manager who will never produce the atractive winning side we all want even if he had 40 years and £300m and nothing he has ever done or said gives me any reason to think otherwise !

I have seen a sucessful city side and this setup will never be that

you old bastard

PistonBlue said:
Billy, I'm gonna put you on the spot. A few times on here I've asked people to tell me WHY we should give Hughes time, and nobody seems prepared to answer in full, so it'll have to be you.

So, come on tell a tubthumper like me all about Mark Hughes.

Explain to me WHY he should be given time at our club. Explain to me WHAT you see in him that makes you think he'll fulfill ours and the owners ambitions. Tell me WHY you think he's potentially a great manager (something we keep being told).

Frankly, I really need to know, because I don't see any of it. I freely admit I didn't want him here and yes part of that is down to his past. As a player I despised him, and I can't just change those feelings. I also hated the football at Blackburn, if you can call it that. Yes they beat us often, but what a vile thing to watch each week. I question his 'success' at Rovers, and I wonder how relevant his so called shrewdness on a shoestring budget will be here.

I agree with you 100% PistonBlue.

Noone has yet told me what makes him a good manager.

Is it his success record? No
Is iit his football style? No
Is it his transfer dealings? Maybe
Is it because he is a nearly 50 year old "prospect"? No
Is it because he was manager of the month October 2007? No.

There is nothing absolutely nothing that can make ne look at Hughes and say... Yes.. he's the man.

If someone could enlighten me I would welcome it, all I get is abuse and insults (not that either worries me in the slightest) rather than answers to the questions.

But hey ho, give him enough rope and all that!

scottyboi said:
BobKowalski said:
Actually the question is 'why' should he be given time. What qualities etc. Time is part of the answer but you have to be sure you have the right man in the first place and that is what the debate is about.

He consistantly kept blackburn in the top 10 with a tighter budget than a nuns arse. He has the eye for a player and who better to coach a striker? I think he has a point to prove and anyone who ditches the chance to possible manager united to come over to there rivals and change the face of football in years to come will always have my backing.

Fair enough. First point is equally applicable to someone like Alladyce and is irrelevent to us given tight budget is not the problem. He does have any eye for a player and so far his coaching skills for strikers have not been that much in evidence. As for the Utd bit well if he did well at City then it would not preclude the Utd job anymore than being a Utd player precluded him from the City job. The Utd board will pick the best man available. As we should do as well.

scorer said:
PistonBlue said:
Billy, I'm gonna put you on the spot. A few times on here I've asked people to tell me WHY we should give Hughes time, and nobody seems prepared to answer in full, so it'll have to be you.

Explain to me WHY he should be given time at our club. Explain to me WHAT you see in him that makes you think he'll fulfill ours and the owners ambitions. Tell me WHY you think he's potentially a great manager (something we keep being told).

Frankly, I really need to know, because I don't see any of it. I freely admit I didn't want him here and yes part of that is down to his past. As a player I despised him, and I can't just change those feelings. I also hated the football at Blackburn, if you can call it that. Yes they beat us often, but what a vile thing to watch each week. I question his 'success' at Rovers, and I wonder how relevant his so called shrewdness on a shoestring budget will be here.

There is nothing absolutely nothing that can make ne look at Hughes and say... Yes.. he's the man.

If someone could enlighten me I would welcome it, all I get is abuse and insults (not that either worries me in the slightest) rather than answers to the questions.

reason you get abuse is because you dont stop going on about this one man you are in love with the fucker.

scottyboi said:
scorer said:

reason you get abuse is because you dont stop going on about this one man you are in love with the fucker.

See what I mean...?

Now scottyboi... are you sure you understand what you've just written, or is this something else someone has said to you... cos the sentence does not make a great deal of sense... if you dont mind me saying so?

scorer said:
PistonBlue said:

Bang on!!

jay_mcfc said:
scorer said:

Bang on!!
He hasn't won trophies, but his record at Blackburn - after the era of Jack Walker - was very impressive. He qualified Blackburn for the UEFA Cup through the League, and got them into the semi-finalS of the Cups. Not bad considering they were relegation material.

The football City have played at home this season has been the best from a City team I have seen. Even in the defeat at home to everton, the 1st half hour was very high quality.

His transfers for Blackburn and City have been outstanding - surely a key factor for the current City manager

It's December - not even 6 months into his contract, and we're having this discussion. When he was appointed, Chelsea were very strongly linked with Hughes. It was reported that Kenyon wanted Hughes, but Abramovic wanted a foreign manager. Whatever the truth of it, City could hardly expect a better quality manager - and I expect him to prove that over the coming years. You had better get used to it, because City's owners are not going to sack him

scottyboi said:
whp.blue said:
perhaps fans ought to wake up and see our dire situation and stop relying on

blind faith and unfounded optimism !

we are stuck with a piss poor inept manager who will never produce the atractive winning side we all want even if he had 40 years and £300m and nothing he has ever done or said gives me any reason to think otherwise !

I have seen a sucessful city side and this setup will never be that

you old bastard
AGREED !
but I have a very good memory

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.