If it was up to you would you ban the Sun newspaper from the Etihad?

That's how my view has changed too. Shame for Blackburn, cos he is indeed a good un, but. so be it.

This wholeissue might be about Sterling's 'background' as it has euphemistically been referred to in the media over the last 24 hours, but in terms of the Sun in particular isnt this also about cosying up to the Liverpool readership to try and somehow curry favour with them??
Did the vilification of Sterling only begin once it became known he was leaving them to join us? I may have my timelines wrong, and hopefully someone will correct me if so, but to my mind, this all started after that point didnt it (??)

The vilification did start when he was still at Liverpool. The "hippy crack" fiasco when he inhaled a baloon of NO2, they made a massive deal of the assault charge he got (charges dropped), lied about the number of children he had etc.

No i wouldn't ban the sun, the tabloids and other broadsheets are all as bad/good as each other, don't forget the mirror is so pro manure and liverpool, not only that they were the worst culprits in the mobile phone hacking scandal.
the article in yesterdays paper to my mind was fair journalism, simply because raheem posted the pictures of his tattoo on instagram, so he leaves himself wide open for critisism.
On a personal point i don't care much for tattoo's, others do, so its up to them what they do with their bodies, as for a deeper meaning ? only raheem can answer that question

Rather than ban them, I think the Sheik should buy them out.
Take over The Sun paper group.
Make the idiot editors issue a full apology and admission of their guilt and then fire them and employ actual journalists, sports and otherwise.

Yes I agree with buying them out as well. I’d then get all the editors together and publicly fucking hang the snivelling bastards in front of the cheering crowds that had assembled to enjoy the spectacle.

The vilification did start when he was still at Liverpool. The "hippy crack" fiasco when he inhaled a baloon of NO2, they made a massive deal of the assault charge he got (charges dropped), lied about the number of children he had etc.

ok, cheers for clarifying that pal

Absolutely not.

People need to appreciate even the desks within the same newspaper are rivals to a great extent, certainly in terms of not even knowing sometimes what they are working on, the impact it will have on their own patch journos.

I have dealings with them, there are so many decent journos amongst them, but news editors are a different breed altogether, they don't give a shit if it sours any relationship for the patch journo.

Same goes for every paper out there.

For the record, Raheem having a tattoo of a gun on his leg doesn't look good, he should know that, regardless of whether he has plans for it to ultimately represent his wider and personal viewpoint.

Absolutely not.

People need to appreciate even the desks within the same newspaper are rivals to a great extent, certainly in terms of not even knowing sometimes what they are working on, the impact it will have on their own patch journos.

I have dealings with them, there are so many decent journos amongst them, but news editors are a different breed altogether, they don't give a shit if it sours any relationship for the patch journo.

Same goes for every paper out there.

For the record, Raheem having a tattoo of a gun on his leg doesn't look good, he should know that, regardless of whether he has plans for it to ultimately represent his wider and personal viewpoint.
Whilst I understand your loyalty to colleagues on a personal level, it's a vile publication that thrives upon peddling misery, bigotry and class division. So, frankly, I find it hard to have pity upon anybody who makes a living by serving such an institution.

I wouldn't have even wiped my arse on it if it was the last scrap of paper in the Kippax bogs.

Ban it, and their lying journo's from anything to do with our club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.