If it was up to you would you ban the Sun newspaper from the Etihad?

I'd be banning more than just The Sun. If i were City it would be invitation only to our press boxes. Invites go off number of fair stories written about us or anyone connected to us.

Anyone else is banned, and The Sun's journos are just a few of many that would not be on any invite lists.

If I was the Shiek not only would I ban any of the ****s who worked there in the past or indeed in the future; I’d buy Murdock out and shut all of the Publications down.
He'd just use the purchase price to set them all up again while pocketing a healthy profit.

I'd imagine City have a decent relationship with the Sun group football journalists for the north west - Martin Blackburn seems to get inside news from City.
It's the showbiz clickbait articles that are a problem.
I don't think banning Sun north west football reporters helps us, nor solves anything.

I'd imagine City have a decent relationship with the Sun group football journalists for the north west - Martin Blackburn seems to get inside news from City.
I don't think banning Sun north west football reporters helps us, nor solves anything.

What about people like Custis who has stolen a living making snide comments about City. I wonder how he feels about working for a racist newspaper like the Sun? The Sun has lost money for the last two years. It is a strugging dinosaur in the digital age. City have nothing to lose by cutting them loose. A boycott by their fans has had a positive impact on Liverpool's overall media coverage.

I actually agreed with you yesterday but the continuation of the attack has changed my mind.

I'd feel sorry for Martin Blackburn, even a little for Custis, but now it's gone beyond the point of no return IMO. Would it solve anything? Maybe not, but it sends a message that we as a club, as an organisation want absolutely nothing to do with the newspaper who persecutes one of our players daily.

Bollocks, it would get the message over loud and clear.

1 or 2 journalists being in a decent relationship should not stop us fucking off this vile shit stain rag of a paper.

Honestly what do we owe their football writers? that because one has been alright we tollerate the rest of them? Not for me this Blackburn fella might ok, but the paper on the whole is not, so fuck em

My gripe in this lot is where is Taylor PFA and the premier league, sat on their fat arses, this all started with Rogers then the Scouse tv pundits off Bt sky and bbc followed by the media which culminated in death and racist threats to Raheem and his family from the social media with this ending up with an assault outside the training ground, Utd need to up their game, ban this shithouse paper and all who work there

How come No? Just out of interest

Simply dislike the idea of banning any media outlet, no matter what grounds a club or representative of a club might have for doing so. Similarly, I wouldn't advocate following the NFL approach in the US, where I believe clubs are prohibited from banning media outlets and personnel.

The drive to the bottom in the British (World) media stems from declining revenues and increased competition, so our players, staff, and club simply need to brace themselves for the inevitable negativity that will accompany our upward trajectory; it is unfortunately these such stories that generate the hype and clicks that advertisers crave.

I actually agreed with you yesterday but the continuation of the attack has changed my mind.

I'd feel sorry for Martin Blackburn, even a little for Custis, but now it's gone beyond the point of no return IMO. Would it solve anything? Maybe not, but it sends a message that we as a club, as an organisation want absolutely nothing to do with the newspaper who persecutes one of our players daily.

That's how my view has changed too. Shame for Blackburn, cos he is indeed a good un, but. so be it.

This wholeissue might be about Sterling's 'background' as it has euphemistically been referred to in the media over the last 24 hours, but in terms of the Sun in particular isnt this also about cosying up to the Liverpool readership to try and somehow curry favour with them??
Did the vilification of Sterling only begin once it became known he was leaving them to join us? I may have my timelines wrong, and hopefully someone will correct me if so, but to my mind, this all started after that point didnt it (??)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.