If Manchester United....(for PB)

davymcfc said:
Well Mancini kept claiming that the charity shield was a trophy. Not for me though.
My thoughts exactly. In fact it probably gives a false sense of superiority - 2011 the rags victory over us led to a barren and ultimately disappointing season for them, 2012 our victory over Chelsea led to a barren and ...........

Mancini claiming the Charity Shield as a trophy was incredibly embarrassing. As it will be for them lot if they start harping on about it.

Sure i read somewhere not many teams win the league after wining the charity shield.

It is what it is. Win it and it's silverware, lose and it's a glorified friendly.

People make too much of stuff like that. Of course they're going to talk up their successes no matter how minor. Just as we would.

If yooonited claim the community shield as a trophy , our 1974 Lancashire senior cup victory should be honoured as well.

If the rags win the community shield and nowt else this season do you think the papers will bang on about Moyes winning a trophy in his first season and how successful his season was?! Whereas when that all we won last season it wasn't mentioned or anything. Just throwing it out there for people's opinions!!

DaddyDaveedo said:
If the rags win the community shield and nowt else this season do you think the papers will bang on about Moyes winning a trophy in his first season and how successful his season was?! Whereas when that all we won last season it wasn't mentioned or anything. Just throwing it out there for people's opinions!!
No. No I don't think they will. I'm sure they will say he's started his trophy collection after the game, but I'm sure they will have said we added to ours when we won it.

Re: If Manchester Ushited....

Prestwich_Blue said:
I'd say:
1) Swearing in thread titles is against the CoC so edit it.
2) Do we really need a separate thread on this?
3) It's Moyes. M-O-Y-E-S.

4) this should be in general

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.