If Mancini was here, we would be...

SuperYaya said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Still losing to teams we should be beating away from home

Yep.

I don't actually think managers make that much difference. We might be doing a little bit better just by virtue of stability, the players don't need to learn new things and already know where they stand.

You are wrong. the managers are the ones who wins the biggest leagues with a lot similar quality TOP teams. The role is very important. Plus they make/or not make good chemistry in the dressing room.

If Mancini were still here (and Ferran and Txiki not playing politics).
Probably about 3 - 5 points better off, dressing room divas slowly being weeded out, oh and contrary to the easy digs - through to the Champ League knockout phase - even Chris Hughton could get through our group.

jaigurugoat said:
Needing to win our final two CL games to have any chance of progressing.

Progressing to what though......

If any one actually thinks that on current form we have any chance of beating Barca, Bayern, PSG, Real Madrid and Borrusia must be on mushrooms

GaudinoMotors said:
Probably about 3 - 5 points better off, dressing room divas slowly being weeded out, oh and contrary to the easy digs - through to the Champ League knockout phase - even Chris Hughton could get through our group.

Calling them dressing room divas is so much more easier than saying Vincent Kompany, James Milner, Joe Hart, Samir Nasri etc. None of these players wanted to play for him anymore so i don't know how you get the idea that we would be 3-5 points better off.

And it wasn't just Ferran and Txiki playing politics btw.

Train said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Calling them dressing room divas is so much more easier than saying Vincent Kompany, James Milner, Joe Hart, Samir Nasri etc. None of these players wanted to play for him anymore so i don't know how you get the idea that we would be 3-5 points better off.

And it wasn't just Ferran and Txiki playing politics btw.

They apparently played for him under duress last season and the season before and it didn't go too badly. Stam, Keane, Van Horsehead, Ince et al were weeded out over at the swamp and they carried on achieving. Are you suggesting the players you mention would have made only a token effort? If so - that says more about them.
Last year the apparent "humiliating" of Hart was singled out as reason for his drop in form - despite the manager saying no more than we all saw at the game and on tv. A more personal touch and player friendly managerial style hasn't exactly improved things.
Are you saying there wasn't politicing from on high?? Don't want to get into one of those "according to my sources" debates - but lets agree to disagree. By the way - not for one moment suggesting that Mancini's brusque, abrupt and rude style didn't also have a part to play in his own downfall.

If Mancini was here, we would be...

a) linked with a move for Balotelli on loan.
b) probably about the same position and points - but with less attacking football and goals.
c) ripped to shreds by the media (daily).

football-fan said:
SuperYaya said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Still losing to teams we should be beating away from home

Yep.

I don't actually think managers make that much difference. We might be doing a little bit better just by virtue of stability, the players don't need to learn new things and already know where they stand.

You are wrong. the managers are the ones who wins the biggest leagues with a lot similar quality TOP teams. The role is very important. Plus they make/or not make good chemistry in the dressing room.

If you look at the wages paid it is nearly a perfect indicator for where teams finish in the league. Players are always more important than the manager, it's basically a fact now. Very few managers have consistently exceeded their expected position based on wage bill, typically it's an anomaly if they do.

Mancini lost 6 last season, and 5 the season before. Pellegrini has already lost 4 games before mid-november. You could argue we had too many draws last season, but I'd rather draw against Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland than get beat. Drawing those 3 games would have had us in 3rd place right now and we'd all be feeling a lot happier.

Since last season we've added Negredo, Jovetic, Navas and Fernandinho. I have no doubt that had Mancini had those players last year, we probably would've won the league.....and this season, we wouldn't have lost 4 already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.