If Mancini was here, we would be...

GaudinoMotors said:
mcfc2607 said:
spanishblue said:
And how do you know he ain't coming back? Stranger things have happend
Because he's not good enough to where we want to be. I love him because he gave me the greatest Day of my life but feel starting threads like 'if mancini was here....' is a little sad and proves some posters can't move on. Imo.

The sacking was controversial - it wasn't like all the others who had clearly failed and were a spent force. Yes players got a bit mardy, yes he was a awkward character - but many believe another season with full backing was warranted - and yes many didn't.
The forum is full of debates about comparisons of players, teams, even fans - why don't you go and tell them to stop being sad.
u

Yep all we had to do is let him weed out the trouble makers give him the same money as MP and things would have been fine. But oh no we keep the mard arse bastards and get rid of the best manager we have had since JM

mcfc2607 said:
Don't you think it's unhealthy for grown men to be crying over an ex manager. Get it in your heads that he's never coming back.

It's time to move on and support pellegrini, after all you support Manchester city not Mancini city, right?

spanishblue said:
Yep all we had to do is let him weed out the trouble makers give him the same money as MP and things would have been fine. But oh no we keep the mard arse bastards and get rid of the best manager we have had since JM

You miss one very important fact. It was the owners who decided to sack Mancini, not the players. And since it's their money and they are more than entitled to choose how it's spent, I think a lot of the reminiscing about Roberto and haranguing of our squad because Roberto was sacked is wildly misplaced.

Notwithstanding that, Mancini was sacked not just because a lot of the players didn't like him, but because most of the board of directors and people who worked at the club didn't like him either. And for good reason when you look at his public displays of contempt for them.

spanishblue said:
GaudinoMotors said:
mcfc2607 said:
Because he's not good enough to where we want to be. I love him because he gave me the greatest Day of my life but feel starting threads like 'if mancini was here....' is a little sad and proves some posters can't move on. Imo.

The sacking was controversial - it wasn't like all the others who had clearly failed and were a spent force. Yes players got a bit mardy, yes he was a awkward character - but many believe another season with full backing was warranted - and yes many didn't.
The forum is full of debates about comparisons of players, teams, even fans - why don't you go and tell them to stop being sad.
u

what goes around comes around

holistically speaking

BillyShears said:
spanishblue said:

You miss one very important fact. It was the owners who decided to sack Mancini, not the players. And since it's their money and they are more than entitled to choose how it's spent, I think a lot of the reminiscing about Roberto and haranguing of our squad because Roberto was sacked is wildly misplaced.

Notwithstanding that, Mancini was sacked not just because a lot of the players didn't like him, but because most of the board of directors and people who worked at the club didn't like him either. And for good reason when you look at his public displays of contempt for them.

Billy I truly respect you as a poster on here, .But liking people what the fuk has that got to do with anything its about wining and taking the club forward fukin like Jesus h. Do you really think that every rag player and supporter loved GPC. That's what is wrong with us we are so used to being good losers we have no wining mentality which is what BM brought I didn't have to like him just do what he was doing . But never mind we have a lovely guy in charge now ( shakes head and fuks off)

BillyShears said:
spanishblue said:

Bloody hell Billy - you're like Whackamole. Can you smell a Mancini post at a 1000 yards?

You're right - he did have comtempt - but for F and T not for the Owners. You can wrap it up and try to link it to the Sheikh however you like - but when he was backed and before F and T came in - we were on the right track and successful.
I know we will be successful again - given time - we can't fail to be given the Owner - but at the moment it feels like we've taken a step back.

spanishblue said:
Billy I truly respect you as a poster on here, .But liking people what the fuk has that got to do with anything its about wining and taking the club forward fukin like Jesus h. Do you really think that every rag player and supporter loved GPC. That's what is wrong with us we are so used to being good losers we have no wining mentality which is what BM brought I didn't have to like him just do what he was doing . But never mind we have a lovely guy in charge now ( shakes head and fuks off)

Rather than getting angry why don't you take a step back, take a deep breath and then think about what I posted. It's not about being universally loved. It's about respect. Mancini didn't carry the respect of many of the players and many of the executives who run the club. So that scenario was finished. Looking backwards is truly futile and pointless because regardless of who replaced him, Mancini's time was up.

For what it's worth I didn't like Mancini or what he was doing to our club. He was turning us into the kind of freakshow that Mourinho turned Madrid into, no matter how many trophies he was winning. I don't want to win like that, and I don't care how much shit I take for saying it.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:12 pm --<br /><br />
GaudinoMotors said:
Bloody hell Billy - you're like Whackamole. Can you smell a Mancini post at a 1000 yards?

It's hard to miss a 15 page thread which has Mancini in the title. I waited until I had something to say rather than just coming and mocking the OP which is what my initial temptation was. That's some kind of progress i guess ... :)

Regarding the rest of your post, it's simple. Mancini clearly didn't have the backing of T & F last summer. They speak for the owners along with Khaldoon. So it's not about linking it to the owners. It's about stating a fact - we are owned by Sheikh Mansour and he wanted the club to go in a certain direction both on the field and off. Mancini was no longer part of that plan so he went. Like you say, success will come again. I happen to believe it'll come with Pellegrini.

BillyShears said:
spanishblue said:

Rather than getting angry why don't you take a step back, take a deep breath and then think about what I posted. It's not about being universally loved. It's about respect. Mancini didn't carry the respect of many of the players and many of the executives who run the club. So that scenario was finished. Looking backwards is truly futile and pointless because regardless of who replaced him, Mancini's time was up.

For what it's worth I didn't like Mancini or what he was doing to our club. He was turning us into the kind of freakshow that Mourinho turned Madrid into, no matter how many trophies he was winning. I don't want to win like that, and I don't care how much shit I take for saying it.

Jeez - if they didn't respect him for his desire, drive, bringing the first trophies in decades, his playing career, his managerial career, not accepting poor performances, not massaging egos, will to win etc what would they respect him for??
Now they have all they asked for and although green shoots do appear from time to time - nothing is sustained or clearly evident.

BillyShears said:
spanishblue said:

For what it's worth I didn't like Mancini or what he was doing to our club. He was turning us into the kind of freakshow that Mourinho turned Madrid into, no matter how many trophies he was winning. I don't want to win like that, and I don't care how much shit I take for saying it.

I didn't take any shit off anyone and after watching utter dross since the loss of JM this guy was making my dreams come true . After being a City supporter for some 50 yes do you think I give a shite about what fukin rags think. And by the wayBilly iI am not angry just totaly discusted with getting rid of a winner for the sake of personality

GaudinoMotors said:
Jeez - if they didn't respect him for his desire, drive, bringing the first trophies in decades, his playing career, his managerial career, not accepting poor performances, not massaging egos, will to win etc what would they respect him for??
Now they have all they asked for and although green shoots do appear from time to time - nothing is sustained or clearly evident.

I don't understand. They didn't respect him because he talked shit about them publicly. They didn't respect him because he didn't respect the clear authority they had. Mancini is certainly a winner, but he's a winner with a shelf life at any club because of his own abrasive, arrogant, uncompromising ways. Maybe we could've eked another season out of him, but I suspect the owners wanted to change many things at the club and Mancini wasn't going to acquiesce to many of the changes so removing him was the best thing for them and the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.