If not Mancini or Mourinho

Andouble said:
to be honest, I think gaining CL place NEXT season will be a whole lot harder than this one, even more so if we finish out of the top4 this season.

can't see United and Arsenal dramatically dropping off, Chelsea will spend and I think Liverpool will be back in a big way, they have a laundry list of targets like we've had the past season or so and if they land even 3 or 4 of them it will be a huge improvement. Plus Spurs will still be hanging around.

Shame because it seems the 6th place finisher in England would probably finish in the top 3 in any other domestic league.

Yes but no but, so what you are saying is that we are not going to get any better? And it's all down Hill from here? Correct me if I am wrong on this.

No improvement with a settled team?

Your a bit of a glass half full kind of guy aren't you

Ducado said:
Andouble said:
to be honest, I think gaining CL place NEXT season will be a whole lot harder than this one, even more so if we finish out of the top4 this season.

can't see United and Arsenal dramatically dropping off, Chelsea will spend and I think Liverpool will be back in a big way, they have a laundry list of targets like we've had the past season or so and if they land even 3 or 4 of them it will be a huge improvement. Plus Spurs will still be hanging around.

Shame because it seems the 6th place finisher in England would probably finish in the top 3 in any other domestic league.

Yes but no but, so what you are saying is that we are not going to get any better? And it's all down Hill from here? Correct me if I am wrong on this.

No improvement with a settled team?

Your a bit of a glass half full kind of guy aren't you

I'll correct you since you are putting words in my mouth.

I don't think anyone can dispute that this would have been a prime season to gain that top 4 spot; points throughout the 'traditional' top 4 are down a lot and it is of my opinion that this season (and last of course) will probably be the 2 best windows to gatecrash the CL spots. Can you honestly see Chelsea spending a good chunk of next season in 4th or 5th like this? Liverpool have been woeful all season and yet they too aren't too far behind us, and now with a legitimate board room and front office they will no longer be pushing individually in separate directions.

No where in the post did I say "we are not going to get any better" or "it's all down hill from here", there's no doubt in my mind that we will have more new, better (at least labeled) players in the summer, but as we've since this season that doesn't guarantee you anything.

And settled team. Ha. You, I, and every poster on this forum knows there will be at least 5 new players and possibly double the amount of exits, which increasingly look like includes the manager and team captain.

kacoo said:
Jackson-ctid said:
Anyone who considers Benitez a viable option is quite frankly a fucking idiot. Man City CLEARLY need someone who has their wits about them in the transfer market, that is not Benitez. He'd sign a boat load of shit players, proclaiming them to be the next big thing.

Why would a manger at the richest club in the world need his wits about him in the transfer market. That skill would be more needed at poorer club where the best players weren't open to them.
He'd sign the best players because he would achieve a top 4 finish with this team in his first season( Mancini has made it look so much more difficult than it is) and the best players would be available and they're not to difficult to spot.
Seriously some of your are brainwashed. He'd be fantastic for City. He can learn from the mistakes he made signing players. It's not difficult. He's tactically one of the best coaches around, only mourinho is as good.

Precisely why we need a manager with his wits about him in the transfer market, because we're in it a lot. He had money to spend at Liverpool, who did he buy? £50 Million on Robbie Keane and Aquilani alone.

Martin O'neil is also a no for me, He doesn't have a big team mentality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.