If not Mancini or Mourinho

Sven sven where ever you may be you are the king of man cit-eee you can shag my wife on our set-eee if you win the cup at wem-ber-lee

LoveCity said:
kacoo said:
Some of you are really showing your stupidity. You'd think they way so many foolishly deride him, he didn't win the la liga twice with valencia, the uefa cup, the fa cup, get to two champions league finals winning one ,consistenly finish in the top 4, and always get the better of mourinho in europe.

That was then.

More recently, he took that Liverpool team he won with the Champions League down the drain, upsetting Xabi Alonso by trying to get Gareth Barry (as if he'd be some replacement for Alonso!) and making some horrendous signings (Aquilani, Keane, Degen, Babel, Insua, Pennant, Dossena, Riera).

After he got dumped by Liverpool for sending them down the drain he got a great gig at Inter. An Inter team that had just won the Champions League under Mourinho, not torn apart at all, players like Eto'o, Sneijder, Lucio, and Cambiasso still there.

... and took the team that toppled Barcelona to mid-table mediocrity in a very weak league. This got him the sack and even another nothing special manager, Leonardo, has done a better job with Inter (the team Mancini won the title with multiple times).

Benitez would be a crap manager.

You mean the inter team that was ravaged with injuries and had about three games in hand before he was sacked.
The inter side under new management that were spanked 5-2 in the back yard by schalke and dumped out of the champions league.

Benitez didn't complete half the season didn't have the time to turn things around. Him and the players needed it to adjust to each other especially after winning a treble.
liverpool had there best ever season in nearly 20 years under him. The second place finish of 86 points would have been enough to win the title in most premier league seasons.
He finished above wenger more times than not.
It's no shame he didn't manage first up against manchester united and Chelsea in the most competitive and difficult era of the premier league
He made dud signings but also great ones, torres(no one else were willing to go after him), Alonso, and Reina. Oh and he recouped all the money spent and made a profit
At city he's be given the funds to buy the best players available so there's far less chance he'd buy failures.
If you'd prefer the mighy owen coyle and martin oneill over him then you're stupid concerning football and shouldn't complain when failure results.

Anyone who considers Benitez a viable option is quite frankly a fucking idiot. Man City CLEARLY need someone who has their wits about them in the transfer market, that is not Benitez. He'd sign a boat load of shit players, proclaiming them to be the next big thing.

If there's ever been an example of a squad of players getting a manager fired by simply giving as little effort as possible, it's the Inter situation with Benitez. The man's ego has completely taken over. He went into a winning team and wanted to change everything about the way the played. Why? Because a man he hates was the previous manager. That's petty and stupid and it backfired on him. Adjust to each other? He made it clear where all the adjustments would be taking place, and it was idiocy to try that with a squad that just won everything they could win.

Jackson-ctid said:
Anyone who considers Benitez a viable option is quite frankly a fucking idiot. Man City CLEARLY need someone who has their wits about them in the transfer market, that is not Benitez. He'd sign a boat load of shit players, proclaiming them to be the next big thing.

Why would a manger at the richest club in the world need his wits about him in the transfer market. That skill would be more needed at poorer club where the best players weren't open to them.
He'd sign the best players because he would achieve a top 4 finish with this team in his first season( Mancini has made it look so much more difficult than it is) and the best players would be available and they're not to difficult to spot.
Seriously some of your are brainwashed. He'd be fantastic for City. He can learn from the mistakes he made signing players. It's not difficult. He's tactically one of the best coaches around, only mourinho is as good.

Rafa is worrying. A brilliant tactician but his transfer policy can be appalling at times.

Since we're a club that will rely heavily transfer market spending, I think that's a no on Rafa. If we had a top 2 club in terms of talent that would be one thing, but it's obvious that many positions need a major overhaul and I wouldn't trust him to spend money doing that.

Thing is, some people think we do have top talent at the club, which I respect but disagree with.

kacoo said:
You mean the inter team that was ravaged with injuries and had about three games in hand before he was sacked.

Bollocks excuse, you sound like Mancini. He had injuries yeah but his squad players are still better than most of Serie A, at least much better than the league position he sunk Inter to.

The inter side under new management that were spanked 5-2 in the back yard by schalke and dumped out of the champions league.

Yes - Leonardo is average too. But Leonardo has taken them right up the table, undoing much of the Spanish Waiter's destructive "work".

If you'd prefer the mighy owen coyle and martin oneill over him then you're stupid concerning football and shouldn't complain when failure results.

No, I'd even have Benitez before O'Neill. Coyle has proven no more than Hughes yet in terms of being able to manage a top club but seems to have potential. However, I would consider at least ten managers before the Spanish waiter including Mourinho (if ever available), Villas-Boas, Guardiola, Spalletti, Hiddink, Klopp, Ancelotti (when Chelsea axe him), and Emery.

to be honest, I think gaining CL place NEXT season will be a whole lot harder than this one, even more so if we finish out of the top4 this season.

can't see United and Arsenal dramatically dropping off, Chelsea will spend and I think Liverpool will be back in a big way, they have a laundry list of targets like we've had the past season or so and if they land even 3 or 4 of them it will be a huge improvement. Plus Spurs will still be hanging around.

Shame because it seems the 6th place finisher in England would probably finish in the top 3 in any other domestic league.

Martin o Neill
no more foreign managers that hav'nt a clue about the english game

edit
i'd have kk back as well, best football i've seen in 30 years when we went up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.