IF Shay Given was English would Hart be Englands Number 1?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
IrishMacca said:
Ya and Bulgaria are world beaters. Yet I distinctly remember the numerous topics being created praising Hart for a save or two he made in the game.
Given had a lot more to do than Hart, and his distribution was excellent, as was his control of the box. Oh wait no, that can't be right, he's shite at those aspects of the game if you believed some of the Given bashers.
But interestingly while ranked just below Ireland right now are placed higher all time, so I guess they would find an Irishman dismissing them as a footballing nation pretty funny.

Lads lets be honest here Ireland are a small nation who hits far above there weight for years from a population of 4 million people compare that to England it would be nearly what 40 to 50 million people. So for Ireland to get to World Cups and compete is good enough when we get there. You will always have the players to do well but Ireland dont have that and will never.

leighton said:
1.618034 said:
Does it? How do you know?

Hart has been playing brilliantly for the last 12 months... And as i recall he wasn't too shabby before Given came in and usurped him...

Are you Irish?

Yes I am Irish what has that got to do with anything? Given has been playing well at the club since he came to the club since the injury he hasnt got a look in. Of course it will cause problems it already has since Joe has come back. Joe stated if he didnt start he wanted out so too has Given. The problems have already started if you ask me. I just think Shay hasnt been given a fair crack by Roberto. Maybe Shay has burnt his bridges at the club we all know he and Bellers werent happy when Hughes got the sack. They got rid of Bellers next out should be Given but he did no wrong when he has played for the club he can feel highly unlucky not to be playing if you ask me.

I think the last 8 pages have answered that one mate...

leighton said:
But interestingly while ranked just below Ireland right now are placed higher all time, so I guess they would find an Irishman dismissing them as a footballing nation pretty funny.

Lads lets be honest here Ireland are a small nation who hits far above there weight for years from a population of 4 million people compare that to England it would be nearly what 40 to 50 million people. So for Ireland to get to World Cups and compete is good enough when we get there. You will always have the players to do well but Ireland dont have that and will never.
You guys do really well, no question, but by the same token Bulgaria aren't nobodies.

leighton said:

Fully agreemate but it was in tespnse to macca dismissing them, showing the irony.

IrishMacca said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
who got to the world cup? just saying, France were shite throughout the whole qualifying and tournament so don't go moaning about that handball, if your players(inc. Given) were as good as you'd like to make out, you'd have qualified and Given would be City number 1(and oh btw, don't go on about England being shit at the WC, cos I don't care, just making the point about your players and team seeing as you rate them so highly).

Also funny how Given's distribution can be so great for Ireland yet utterly shite for City, and Hart is number 1 and hasn't made a mistake yet, just deal with it.

We have no dellusions, ye think ye'll win it each and every time and never learn from it. I never said we were world beaters, unlike England and English fans.
Funny that, it's up to the players to win the ball, all I'm saying is that the distribution the other night was spot on.

And Given didn't deserve to loose it either. But we don't always get what we deserve. Politics and all.
You see, its comments like this one which illustrate your agenda and ridiculous bias. It can't possibly be that Mancini thinks Hart is the better keeper and prospect, oh no, its clearly politics.

A very tough call. The great Irish Goalkeepers like Bonner,Given, Alan Kelly etc tended to be small in stature and Joe Hart would win in terms of physical presence. Technically they are both equal with Shay edging in it in terms of Premier League experience. It would be more like the Shilton and Clemence situation if Shay was English with Shay getting my vote for now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.