IF Shay Given was English would Hart be Englands Number 1?

Probably, but that says more about England than it does about Shay's ability in comparison to Hart - who is a better keeper, and much younger.

There's not a lot on it, it's just Hart is commanding, whereas Given isn't quite tall enough to do the same job.

They're both cracking keepers.

All we can do is wait and see doing what Given done over those years for the clubs he played for is showing what a top class keeper he is. Height issue people bring up but for most of his time in the league it hasnt been a issue.

To be honest Shay has done fuck all wrong during his time at the club and he must feel like shit not playing. Joe has the jersey at the moment but knowing what Shay is like I can honestly see him wrestling the jersey away from Joe if he gets a chance.

That might not happen it seems the club is promoting English players so the media dont come down to hard on them for all the spending. There are benefits to this ask Micah Richards. Joe has won the jersey by the preformaces so far I just hope that Mancini is true to his word to Shay and give him first team football during this season be it cup games or not. Also I hope he takes the decision IF Hart isnt doing it that he gives Shay a start but this pro English players seems to me that Shay may well head up to Celtic come January if he doesnt get game time.

given is too poor in the air , this cost goals , and he is a shame to kick the ball .

i really cant understand what some people see in him as keeper. for me he is overrated just becouse has played in shit teams where had a lot shot to stop , and shotstopping is his only one good point. definitely not a keeper for a top team.

Mancio said:
given is too poor in the air , this cost goals , and he is a shame to kick the ball .

i really cant understand what some people see in him as keeper. for me he is overrated just becouse has played in shit teams where had a lot shot to stop , and shotstopping is his only one good point. definitely not a keeper for a top team.

Thats bullshit. IF City were willing to sell Shay to our rivals I would see Arsenal come in for him straight away but City wont sell to a rival. Thats why Bellers is at Cardiff if we were willing to sell to a rival he could be at Spurs now.

Matters not a jot what Given has done in the last 10 years, Joe is the better keeper at this moment in time and deserves to be number 1 for us and England.
Even if Joe has a bad game he won't be dropped, the only way Given will ever reclaim the keeper shirt at City is if Joe suddenly goes backwards and has a run of terrible performances and i don't think that will happen.

leighton said:
I know but the thing that Joe has yet to do that Given has done for the best part of 10-12 years is play consistantly well during those seasons. I think its a risk for Mancini to drop Shay the way he has when you take into account he did fuck all wrong to loose his place in the first team in the first place. If it doesnt work out he has himself to blame. So far Hart hasnt put a foot wrong while he has been in but I would have faith in Given to have started off the season the same way as Hart has. As I said Mancini has said both will play but he has had chances to play Given but has yet to do so. In a ideal world you would sell Given if you dont want him and not have this problem anymore. You cant have 2 number 1s in one squad it causes to much trouble.

Does it? How do you know?

Hart has been playing brilliantly for the last 12 months... And as i recall he wasn't too shabby before Given came in and usurped him...

Are you Irish?

1.618034 said:
leighton said:
I know but the thing that Joe has yet to do that Given has done for the best part of 10-12 years is play consistantly well during those seasons. I think its a risk for Mancini to drop Shay the way he has when you take into account he did fuck all wrong to loose his place in the first team in the first place. If it doesnt work out he has himself to blame. So far Hart hasnt put a foot wrong while he has been in but I would have faith in Given to have started off the season the same way as Hart has. As I said Mancini has said both will play but he has had chances to play Given but has yet to do so. In a ideal world you would sell Given if you dont want him and not have this problem anymore. You cant have 2 number 1s in one squad it causes to much trouble.

Does it? How do you know?

Hart has been playing brilliantly for the last 12 months... And as i recall he wasn't too shabby before Given came in and usurped him...

Are you Irish?

Yes I am Irish what has that got to do with anything? Given has been playing well at the club since he came to the club since the injury he hasnt got a look in. Of course it will cause problems it already has since Joe has come back. Joe stated if he didnt start he wanted out so too has Given. The problems have already started if you ask me. I just think Shay hasnt been given a fair crack by Roberto. Maybe Shay has burnt his bridges at the club we all know he and Bellers werent happy when Hughes got the sack. They got rid of Bellers next out should be Given but he did no wrong when he has played for the club he can feel highly unlucky not to be playing if you ask me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.