If Tevez is injured on saturday I don't care

MCFC BOB said:
NDJ said:
I was with you mate, every time he's not played we have looked a better "team" for me.
Whenever Tevez has scored for us, we have won. I don't see why people think we're a better team without him.
Did you not prefer our performance on saturday to recent derby's where Tevez was the focal point and the team almost relied on him to create and score rather than play like a team with the centre forward linking up play like Balotelli did so well on saturday.

AdamManCity said:
MCFC BOB said:
Whenever Tevez has scored for us, we have won. I don't see why people think we're a better team without him.
Did you not prefer our performance on saturday to recent derby's where Tevez was the focal point and the team almost relied on him to create and score rather than play like a team with the centre forward linking up play like Balotelli did so well on saturday.

top post we are better without him at times

AdamManCity said:
MCFC BOB said:
Saturday was one game, that has no bearing on the games that came before. Tevez is one of the top 5 most important players in our team - only behind Kompany, De Jong and Silva - so I don't see why we're so eager to get rid of him and feel as if we're going to be totally okay without him. He is our main goal threat, and is the only attacking player we have that manages to take a game that's going nowhere by the scruff of the neck and change it (Blackburn (H) last season, Wolves (H) and West Brom (H) this season, most notably). Kompany is excellent and should finish second in City's Player of the Year this season, but let's not remember what Tevez has done for us on the field before we let his off-field antics shadow his goals and workrate.

Tevez does go missing in derbies sometimes, but 29 goals last season and 22 goals so far this season show that he is too important to our goal tally and overall team performance. I do think he'll be off, but winning one or two games without him doesn't mean we're a better team when he doesn't play.

MCFC BOB said:
AdamManCity said:
Saturday was one game, that has no bearing on the games that came before. Tevez is one of the top 5 most important players in our team - only behind Kompany, De Jong and Silva - so I don't see why we're so eager to get rid of him and feel as if we're going to be totally okay without him. He is our main goal threat, and is the only attacking player we have that manages to take a game that's going nowhere by the scruff of the neck and change it (Blackburn (H) last season, Wolves (H) and West Brom (H) this season, most notably). Kompany is excellent and should finish second in City's Player of the Year this season, but let's not remember what Tevez has done for us on the field before we let his off-field antics shadow his goals and workrate.

Tevez does go missing in derbies sometimes, but 29 goals last season and 22 goals so far this season show that he is too important to our goal tally and overall team performance. I do think he'll be off, but winning one or two games without him doesn't mean we're a better team when he doesn't play.
I do agree with all of this especially our 3 most important players however as many goals Tevez has got himself I think for example a Balotelli who decides to work for the team every game could get almost that amount of goals as well as link up better with the team and free up other players to get goals(Tevez has got 50% of all our goals this season) and it's no coincidence that yaya scored 2 against west ham(nearly) and one on saturday when tevez was out the team which is just over a third of his goals in just 2 of the 35 odd games he's played for us this season. When Ronaldo left united other players stepped up to the plate and had more confidence in their ability and the team were just as good the next season which is what I hope will happen when Tevez leaves and it could be a case of one step back, two steps forward for city.

bluevengence said:
A shame because the one way to get at the rags is
to push up and pressure their defence into mistakes
before they can play the ball out
Tevez is probably our only player who could do that

we will still win tho......C.T.I.D.

I was half right

bluevengence said:
bluevengence said:
A shame because the one way to get at the rags is
to push up and pressure their defence into mistakes
before they can play the ball out
Tevez is probably our only player who could do that

we will still win tho......C.T.I.D.

I was half right
haha only about the win, which is the most important part of your post I suppose...

You are both right!!

Tevez is a fantastic player, a player anything team would like to have. However his time at city must come to an end!

It is time City enters an era where it is what the manager says that goes.. Tevez in the team undermines a lot of Mancinis authority..

I wouldnt know for sure but I think Mancini actually hates the fact that Tevez roams about 70% of the game when he is the main striker.

AdamManCity said:
bluevengence said:
I was half right
haha only about the win, which is the most important part of your post I suppose...
And about harassing the opposition, which in the past Tevez has done on his own.

You do remember the goal?

Pressure from Balo, bad ball out, pressing from Silva, sideways pass to Carrick, pressure from Yaya, intercepts and scores.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.