If the squad stays as it is, what is our strongest 11?

Would never recommend actually playing a game with this but:

Hart
Stones Kompany Otamendi
Fernandinho Gundogan
Sané Silva De Bruyne Sterling
Aguero

Caballero Sagna Clichy Touré Navas Nolito Iheanacho

I would absolutely love to see that team. With the pace and work rate of sane and sterling you might just get away with it.
it would certainly be an exciting match!

Hart
Sagna - Kompany - Otamendi - Clichy
Gundogan - Fernandinho
De Bruyne - Silva - Nolito
Aguero

Well, it is all based on expectations of form and fitness. None of us has seen any of our players in a competitive fixture under Pep. There's dozens of unknowns now, even around players who have been here for years. What we do know is that Stones has been bought for the kind of money that means his coach expects him to be in the strongest line-up.

There's a few odd ball selections and attempts at humour but the consensus team really only has one big question: Silva or Sterling? Which l see as a close call. Silva is the better player but Sterling does offer some things that Dave doesn't and might make for a better shape.

However, the stronest line-up for one opponent may not be the same as for another but isn't that one of the reasons for appointing Pep?

It's amusing to try and pick a best XI but I doubt we will see any line-up start more than a handful of games.

Great response, thanks. Particularly agree that there will never be one true best 11 as it will vary on opponents

Hart

Sagna Kompany Stones Clichy

Gundogan Fernandinho

KDB Silva Sterling

Aguero

Pretty easy choice in my eyes with only one real debate, that being picking three from KDB Silva Sterling and Sane

Interesting that most have included stones as being in our strongest line up without having seen him kick a ball for us. Understand why people have high expectations though.
Seems natural that if you pay nearly 50m for a defender that most would expect to see him line out particularly as he appears to have the skill set required by the manager.

I am flabbergasted that so many of you have omitted Yaya from your line-ups. He would be awesome in a 4-2-3-1 formation, in which Gundogan and Fernandinho would be shielding the defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.