If the squad stays as it is, what is our strongest 11?

He cannot be any worse than Mangala or Otamendi

Is your opinion. For me (and many) Ota is a good player and if you look through the pages you will see him appear on many teams.

What your missing though was the point of my post. We do not know how well he will settle and play with us. On paper, everything should be good, but as we all know, football isn't played on paper.

I'm not knocking John in any way and hope he is going to be a start with us, but to include him in our best line up for me, is too early to call. Nothing more, nothing less, no agenda.

Hart
Sagna - Kompany - Otamendi - Clichy

Fernandinho - Gundogan

Nolito KDB Silva

Aguero

Sterling and Stones still have plenty to learn imo, therefore they can't be certitudes, but will need to fight for a spot and meanwhile be understudies to the players in front of them. Can the same be said of Sané? Probably, but he has this bold attitude where pressure seems to affect him much less, unlike Sterling. Talentwise, I think he has more to offer than Sterling as well.
Anyway, seems like there's an excellent mix of established players and youngsters, now let's see Pep work his magic.

Interesting that most have included stones as being in our strongest line up without having seen him kick a ball for us. Understand why people have high expectations though.

Well, it is all based on expectations of form and fitness. None of us has seen any of our players in a competitive fixture under Pep. There's dozens of unknowns now, even around players who have been here for years. What we do know is that Stones has been bought for the kind of money that means his coach expects him to be in the strongest line-up.

There's a few odd ball selections and attempts at humour but the consensus team really only has one big question: Silva or Sterling? Which l see as a close call. Silva is the better player but Sterling does offer some things that Dave doesn't and might make for a better shape.

However, the stronest line-up for one opponent may not be the same as for another but isn't that one of the reasons for appointing Pep?

It's amusing to try and pick a best XI but I doubt we will see any line-up start more than a handful of games.

i don't think we sign Bonucci. Pep already test Kolarov to play as CB.
All other fullback capable to play makeshift CB.
Mancini did his back 3 experiment, with Clichy also in it.
with no new signing for young fullback,
i guess Pep will go with one of his formation at Bayern, 3-3-3-1.

1490947_Manchester_City.jpg

with rumor to sell Nasri, Bony and Mangala, i wish Pep sell Kolarov too.
17 non-homegrown - plus Zinchenko
and other graduates - Aleix Garcia, Angelino and Maffeo.
and hope Denayer will stay.

Last edited:
Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Stones
Clichy
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Silva
De Bruyne
Sane
Aguero
I'd say this. Unless Zabaleta finds his form again because Sagna offers little going forward.

In a 3-2-3-1-1
Hart

Kompany
Otamendi. Stones
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Sane. Yaya. De bruyne
Silva
Aguero

Subs. Willy denayer Fernando Delph
Nolito sterling nacho
Unfortunately no place for full backs nasri or navas!!!!!!!

------------------------Hart-----------------------
Zabaleta---Kompany----Otamendi---Clichy
---------Fernandinho-------Gundogan--------
Sterling-------------De Bruyne---------------Silva
------------------------Aguero-----------------------

In a 3-2-3-1-1
Hart

Kompany
Otamendi. Stones
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Sane. Yaya. De bruyne
Silva
Aguero

Subs. Willy denayer Fernando Delph
Nolito sterling nacho
Unfortunately no place for full backs nasri or navas!!!!!!!

And then there's Gabriel Jesus to find room for!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.