If the takeover didn't happen in 2008?

Real question is where would Foden be, might have been a SWP situation and had sell against his will to keep operations afloat

i think in reality wed have been bought out by someone with links to cook however administration was not unlikely.

If the takeover never happened. We would have probably been in the Championship between 2010-2012. Kompany and Zabaleta would probably have not been the legends as they are and probably would have left the club.

We would be like Newcastle and West Ham in terms off Premier League and the odd relegation. I don't think we would have gone down the Leeds and Portsmouth route.

I would still have been supporting the blues as I have done since I was 10.

Today's players I don't think any off them would be here except for our few best academy players that struggle to get games like Doyle and McAtee.

Last edited:
Can you imagine if the takeover didn’t happen in 2008?

I wonder where we would be?

It's been 15 wonderful years.
It’s a bit like saying where would the dippers be without the Littlewood's cash all those years ago

They would probably have been just a yo-yo club in Everton’s shadow.

At least we were a top 10 side when we got taken over and not a side stuck in the 2nd division for almost a decade!

I'd be walking round with me inflatable League 1 playoff final winners trophy. Have that Villa, you cunts!!

Here's my stone cold sober assessment, for what it's worth:

We'd have been a mid-table team, most of the time in the Premier League, with occasional excursions to the Championship. With or without the takeover, we're too big to be out of the top flight for long. We always have been. But I don't think we would have been competing for top four, somehow.
The whole financial structure of football has changed radically since the foundation of the Premier League and the advent of worldwide satellite football and the beaming of the PL to every major country on earth and a good few minor ones.
And that's not us, it's the way the cartel clubs wanted it (and everybody else went along with it, because, well, what are you going to do?) — Arsenal, United, Liverpool and of course Chelsea, who broke in before us, would have kept on winning it. A club the size of Ipswich (and a town the size of Ipswich) could be champions at the beginning of the sixties, and indeed challenged at the end of the seventies and the beginning of the eighties (runners-up in ’81 and ’82). Watford were runners-up in ’83. That just isn't going to happen again. Leicester, I hear you say? The aberration that proves the rule. And the fact that a club that was champions seven years ago and F.A. Cup winners two years ago has just been relegated tells you everything about the way the power structure inevitably reasserts itself. Of course, it was not at all in the plan that we should be doing what we're doing, but that's another story. For the likes of Liverpool and United to go trophyless for this and that season… well, put it this way, we're fucking up everyone's plans.
Nah, nothing dramatic… We would have been mid-table, the occasional relegation and coming up again the following season or two seasons down the line. We would have been a selling club, obliged to sell off our best academy products to keep ourselves ticking over. Perhaps, just perhaps, the occasional League Cup. But even those are hoovered up by the big boys now (with us the first in line).
But we would have still been here. There would have been fewer of us, of course, because that's the way of the world. The supporters are the only semi-permanent thing about a club, beyond the club as an idea and a dream.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.