If the world was created by a Big Bang?

I don't think the world was created by the big bang the world (Earth) and our solar system was created billions of years later.

If the big bang theory is true then surely there must have been empty space in order to create a universe as gigantic as we have.
No one knows where materials to create originated so-to-speak which is why Stephen Hawking began to accept in the possibility of a god.
He did not and never began to accept the possibility of a god. That’s an outright lie.

Which God are we on about that has a beard?

Brahma is depicted in many old imagery as bearded, as is Zeus, The Jade Emperor, Yuanshi, Yahweh/Abraham, Ahura mazda, Enki and even though the druids worshiped nature when building symbols images such as the green man would mainly be bearded. Obatala is also depicted at times as a bearded old man as well as a young man.

Can only think of sun worshipers, those that follow nana-buluku or gaia, and animistic worship that disgards the concept.

Buddha is never bearded, but then he is not a god but a person who has reached a state of enlightenment where the physical form has transended and as such can be depicted in many forms

I do not speak of one god when I say beardy bastard, as creationism is not limited to just catholicism and christianity and honestly genesis is nicked from several older religion from throughout Asia.

Though you are correct only christianity and Islam tout the"in his own image" meaning that we look like him

I don't think you're absorbing my point.

No physical images were attach to the accepted deity of western religion until White people decided to attach one... in their image. And, yes, they appropriated one from other religious/ spiritual text.

'Zeus' could be 'St Nicholas' being all mystical and 'magic'.

Y'all ain't original, y'all!!

Not totally true, other cultures have depicted Christ as looking more similar to them.

Just Google how some Africans have depicted him and you’ll see he’s no longer a Jew from Nazareth.

In reality his facial features don’t matter but if you want to picture him, think of a Jewish man from that area and there’s his ethnicity.

Again, an enforced need from Western culture to put a face to the name.

And, what you need to understand about that time is whether the Jew of that era was darker or not. None of us know what the climate was of that time. I daresay, there was no smog in the atmosphere, so we don't know how strong the sun was or even if Africans migrated regularly, from place to place.

We DO know, that African slaves were used heavily, at that time. We do know there were rich and poor Africans of all shades that were Jewish alongside our more traditional depiction of our Jewish Brothers and Sisters.

Logic would say if you were born in the area of that time, you would pretty much be classed as a Jew and brought up with the faith of that time.

There IS no clear definition of Christ; just assumption and appropriation.

I don't think you're absorbing my point.

No physical images were attach to the accepted deity of western religion until White people decided to attach one... in their image. And, yes, they appropriated one from other religious/ spiritual text.

'Zeus' could be 'St Nicholas' being all mystical and 'magic'.

Y'all ain't original, y'all!!

I completely disagree.

I don’t think white people can be blamed for changing Christanity, in fact the Bible is translated from Greek into old English and it hasn’t been manipulated into being Westernised.

It’s just the image of Christ that’s some times displayed, which most ethnic groups depict him as being closer to them.

Christianity isn’t a white man’s religion nor a black man’s religion, the Gospels say all ethnicity is sacred.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.