If twitcher

problem is it would be another u-turn.

sven to hughes to mancini to redknapp.

continental to british to continental to british.

lowering the turnover of playing staff is vital.

ditto stablishing a style.

this is not how to do it.

Chick Counterfly said:

A-fucking-greed.

Short of a 'not finishing in the top 4' disaster - we need to STOP the turnover of staff at City.

FWIW, I think we'll finish 3rd. I just don't think it'll be easy and I certainly don't think that we have nothing to worry about from Spurs...

BillyShears said:
Chick Counterfly said:

A-fucking-greed.

Short of a 'not finishing in the top 4' disaster - we need to STOP the turnover of staff at City.

FWIW, I think we'll finish 3rd. I just don't think it'll be easy and I certainly don't think that we have nothing to worry about from Spurs...

It shouldn't be easy. That is the point.

I also don't understand everyones pre-occupation with Spurs, they are a good team (despite conceding more and scoring less than us), managed by a good manager (despite playing long ball, get the fast little man to thwack it into the back post for the big man stuff), that have spent nearly as much as us in the last 5/6 years.

There appears to be an anti-Harry Redknapp movement growing at a pace which is vindictive and is getting to Ferguson proportions, I thought this forum would be buzzing today slagging off the antics of AC Milan. Who by the way from the first minute were frightened of the footballing ability of spurs, and thought they could hack and niggle. Gattuso was a disgrace and during and after the game, Flamini could have finished Charlies career, they represent everything that is bad about the game. I thought the Champions League was supposed to be the pinnacle of club football, one where we as a club are striving to get to. After that show by one of Europes finest clubs (your having a laugh), I wonder what all the fuss is about. As the game progressed I wanted David to slay Goliath I always do being a City fan for more years than I can mention, its in my DNA, how they kept their heads was admirable. And if next year we are privilged enough to do the same, this time next year we will all be as proud as punch, this forum would be full of pages of threads praising our team. At last seasons Champions League play off between ourselves and Harrys Spurs they deserved to get 4th place because they were more organised and crucially more of a team, we were a team of individuals and not ready for it. You could see that in their post match celebrations each player had huge admiration and knew that they could cross the line of letting off steam. Could you imagine our players throwing a bucket of Gatorade over Bobby, if they did they would all be disciplined and never play for city again. That is one of the disadvantages of having a foreign manager particularly one that is Italian its all about discipline and distance, his methods of training twice a day for example will only work if we win a pot or finish in the top four. Only then will the players follow him fully and maybe share a joke at the moment, (god forbid) you only have to look at our dug out to see the fear in their eyes. Not only that but during the games the coaches have no input either which is extremely worrying (apart from producing reams and reams of instructions) which I believe only leads to the players being shackled. Knowing that every step on the pitch is being monitored before and after the game, cannot be good for inividual flair or when we are 3-0 up instead of battering teams we sit back afraid of the rammification. This is not an anti Mancini thread I will and always will get behin the team whoever is the manager, however I wish it was us in San Siro, being twisted and jealous isnt our style lets give Harry and his team the credit he deserves. They got that result against the odds and without Bale, I for one will be watching the return leg and hope that English integritry overcomes the cheating Italians, (unless the scum are involved). I am probably going to get caned for this thread but we are in danger of becoming too bitter, our fans were renowmed for being different, the neutrals favourite lets start showing a bit of class and remember that we are 'City super City from Maine Road'. I have been monitoring this forum for sometime and respect it and all the people who are on it, however Arry got that twitch when he was involved in a car accident when he and was at Italia 90 touring between games. He lost one of his best friends who was killed instantly which must have damaged him physically and psychologically in intensive care for months, I am disabled through no fault of my own are you going to ridicule me too?

kinkydribbler46 said:
There appears to be an anti-Harry Redknapp movement growing at a pace which is vindictive and is getting to Ferguson proportions, I thought this forum would be buzzing today slagging off the antics of AC Milan. Who by the way from the first minute were frightened of the footballing ability of spurs, and thought they could hack and niggle. Gattuso was a disgrace and during and after the game, Flamini could have finished Charlies career, they represent everything that is bad about the game. I thought the Champions League was supposed to be the pinnacle of club football, one where we as a club are striving to get to. After that show by one of Europes finest clubs (your having a laugh), I wonder what all the fuss is about. As the game progressed I wanted David to slay Goliath I always do being a City fan for more years than I can mention, its in my DNA, how they kept their heads was admirable. And if next year we are privilged enough to do the same, this time next year we will all be as proud as punch, this forum would be full of pages of threads praising our team. At last seasons Champions League play off between ourselves and Harrys Spurs they deserved to get 4th place because they were more organised and crucially more of a team, we were a team of individuals and not ready for it. You could see that in their post match celebrations each player had huge admiration and knew that they could cross the line of letting off steam. Could you imagine our players throwing a bucket of Gatorade over Bobby, if they did they would all be disciplined and never play for city again. That is one of the disadvantages of having a foreign manager particularly one that is Italian its all about discipline and distance, his methods of training twice a day for example will only work if we win a pot or finish in the top four. Only then will the players follow him fully and maybe share a joke at the moment, (god forbid) you only have to look at our dug out to see the fear in their eyes. Not only that but during the games the coaches have no input either which is extremely worrying (apart from producing reams and reams of instructions) which I believe only leads to the players being shackled. Knowing that every step on the pitch is being monitored before and after the game, cannot be good for inividual flair or when we are 3-0 up instead of battering teams we sit back afraid of the rammification. This is not an anti Mancini thread I will and always will get behin the team whoever is the manager, however I wish it was us in San Siro, being twisted and jealous isnt our style lets give Harry and his team the credit he deserves. They got that result against the odds and without Bale, I for one will be watching the return leg and hope that English integritry overcomes the cheating Italians, (unless the scum are involved). I am probably going to get caned for this thread but we are in danger of becoming too bitter, our fans were renowmed for being different, the neutrals favourite lets start showing a bit of class and remember that we are 'City super City from Maine Road'. I have been monitoring this forum for sometime and respect it and all the people who are on it, however Arry got that twitch when he was involved in a car accident when he and was at Italia 90 touring between games. He lost one of his best friends who was killed instantly which must have damaged him physically and psychologically in intensive care for months, I am disabled through no fault of my own are you going to ridicule me too?

that's a fantastic post mate.

kinkydribbler46 said:

Good post mate. I'm no great fan of Redknapp (largely because he's about as corrupt as they come), but he's doing an excellent job at Spurs, and I think the criticism of him on here goes way overboard - it is largely driven by jealousy of his recent achievements, in my opinion, and says more about the frustratuions of City fans as to our own failings than anything else. And ripping the piss out of him for his twitch is below the belt, whichever way you look at it.

Just a well-meaning tip for the future though. You need to break your paragraph up into easier to read chunks. Its quite hard to take all you've said on board reading an uninterrupted chunk of text like that on a computer screen - I know it makes my eyes hurt.

Many just won't bother reading it at all because of how its laid out, which would be a shame because there's a lot of sense in your post which will be missed by many.

Optimus Prime said:
kinkydribbler46 said:

Good post mate. I'm no great fan of Redknapp (largely because he's about as corrupt as they come), but he's doing an excellent job at Spurs, and I think the criticism of him on here goes way overboard - it is largely driven by jealousy of his recent achievements, in my opinion, and says more about the frustratuions of City fans as to our own failings than anything else. And ripping the piss out of him for his twitch is below the belt, whichever way you look at it.

Just a well-meaning tip for the future though. You need to break your paragraph up into easier to read chunks. Its quite hard to take all you've said on board reading an uninterrupted chunk of text like that on a computer screen - I know it makes my eyes hurt.

Many just won't bother reading it at all because of how its laid out, which would be a shame because there's a lot of sense in your post which will be missed by many.

I think much of the criticism of him comes when blues pretend he is the new messiah and would win everything going if he were our manager. People then get annoyed and agrue against it (see op and subsequent posts).

I am happy spurs are doing well in Europe, I have no problem with them doing well in the league and harry is doing well with them (not as well as we are but still). Spurs dont score as many in the league as us and concede more but they are in with a shout.

I still prefer mancini and our style of football, but with that said I saw the tottenham v milan game and I think we cannot plya like milan did against tottenham. We really have to utilize quick pace and attack em on the break- however I'd love to see us walk the ball into the net with beautiful style as we do sometimes. I just hope we can get into gear soon.

SWP's back said:
I think much of the criticism of him comes when blues pretend he is the new messiah and would win everything going if he were our manager. People then get annoyed and agrue against it (see op and subsequent posts).

I am happy spurs are doing well in Europe, I have no problem with them doing well in the league and harry is doing well with them (not as well as we are but still). Spurs dont score as many in the league as us and concede more but they are in with a shout.

This. I would also add that rather than a groundswell of hate for Redknapp, there has been a rather unfathomable trend of suggesting he's a great manger who would do well here. The implication being Mancini (even with his superior managerial record) is not a good manager and should be replaced by Arry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.