If twitcher

PistonBlue said:
SWP's back said:
I think much of the criticism of him comes when blues pretend he is the new messiah and would win everything going if he were our manager. People then get annoyed and agrue against it (see op and subsequent posts).

I am happy spurs are doing well in Europe, I have no problem with them doing well in the league and harry is doing well with them (not as well as we are but still). Spurs dont score as many in the league as us and concede more but they are in with a shout.

This. I would also add that rather than a groundswell of hate for Redknapp, there has been a rather unfathomable trend of suggesting he's a great manger who would do well here. The implication being Mancini (even with his superior managerial record) is not a good manager and should be replaced by Arry.

Absolutely

SWP's back said:
Optimus Prime said:
Good post mate. I'm no great fan of Redknapp (largely because he's about as corrupt as they come), but he's doing an excellent job at Spurs, and I think the criticism of him on here goes way overboard - it is largely driven by jealousy of his recent achievements, in my opinion, and says more about the frustratuions of City fans as to our own failings than anything else. And ripping the piss out of him for his twitch is below the belt, whichever way you look at it.

Just a well-meaning tip for the future though. You need to break your paragraph up into easier to read chunks. Its quite hard to take all you've said on board reading an uninterrupted chunk of text like that on a computer screen - I know it makes my eyes hurt.

Many just won't bother reading it at all because of how its laid out, which would be a shame because there's a lot of sense in your post which will be missed by many.

I think much of the criticism of him comes when blues pretend he is the new messiah and would win everything going if he were our manager. People then get annoyed and agrue against it (see op and subsequent posts).

I am happy spurs are doing well in Europe, I have no problem with them doing well in the league and harry is doing well with them (not as well as we are but still). Spurs dont score as many in the league as us and concede more but they are in with a shout.

Oh I agree with you - Spurs are the media darlings, because Harry Redknapp is best mates with all the Journo's and is always game for an interview hanging out of his car window. A lot of Blues then read/watch/listen to this media, and believe it to be true.

The fact is that, bar a good run of form in the last few games, we have been better in the League than them this season. Its just that they've had a few eye catching results in Europe. I can understand how this frustrates City fans who are pro-Mancini, because it seems a man who is not any better than what we currently have is being hailed as the messiah.

Personally, despite the excellent job he is doing at Spurs, I wouldn't want Redknapp at City. The only one I would swap Mancini for is currently on a promise to the Rags, so we need to stick with our Manager and support him, as I can't see anyone better out there (who is available).

Optimus Prime said:
SWP's back said:

Oh I agree with you - Spurs are the media darlings, because Harry Redknapp is best mates with all the Journo's and is always game for an interview hanging out of his car window. A lot of Blues then read/watch/listen to this media, and believe it to be true.

The fact is that, bar a good run of form in the last few games, we have been better in the League than them this season. Its just that they've had a few eye catching results in Europe. I can understand how this frustrates City fans who are pro-Mancini, because it seems a man who is not any better than what we currently have is being hailed as the messiah.

Personally, despite the excellent job he is doing at Spurs, I wouldn't want Redknapp at City. The only one I would swap Mancini for is currently on a promise to the Rags, so we need to stick with our Manager and support him, as I can't see anyone better out there (who is available).

Martin O Neill ?

kinkydribbler46 said:
There appears to be an anti-Harry Redknapp movement growing at a pace which is vindictive and is getting to Ferguson proportions, I thought this forum would be buzzing today slagging off the antics of AC Milan. Who by the way from the first minute were frightened of the footballing ability of spurs, and thought they could hack and niggle. Gattuso was a disgrace and during and after the game, Flamini could have finished Charlies career, they represent everything that is bad about the game. I thought the Champions League was supposed to be the pinnacle of club football, one where we as a club are striving to get to. After that show by one of Europes finest clubs (your having a laugh), I wonder what all the fuss is about. As the game progressed I wanted David to slay Goliath I always do being a City fan for more years than I can mention, its in my DNA, how they kept their heads was admirable. And if next year we are privilged enough to do the same, this time next year we will all be as proud as punch, this forum would be full of pages of threads praising our team. At last seasons Champions League play off between ourselves and Harrys Spurs they deserved to get 4th place because they were more organised and crucially more of a team, we were a team of individuals and not ready for it. You could see that in their post match celebrations each player had huge admiration and knew that they could cross the line of letting off steam. Could you imagine our players throwing a bucket of Gatorade over Bobby, if they did they would all be disciplined and never play for city again. That is one of the disadvantages of having a foreign manager particularly one that is Italian its all about discipline and distance, his methods of training twice a day for example will only work if we win a pot or finish in the top four. Only then will the players follow him fully and maybe share a joke at the moment, (god forbid) you only have to look at our dug out to see the fear in their eyes. Not only that but during the games the coaches have no input either which is extremely worrying (apart from producing reams and reams of instructions) which I believe only leads to the players being shackled. Knowing that every step on the pitch is being monitored before and after the game, cannot be good for inividual flair or when we are 3-0 up instead of battering teams we sit back afraid of the rammification. This is not an anti Mancini thread I will and always will get behin the team whoever is the manager, however I wish it was us in San Siro, being twisted and jealous isnt our style lets give Harry and his team the credit he deserves. They got that result against the odds and without Bale, I for one will be watching the return leg and hope that English integritry overcomes the cheating Italians, (unless the scum are involved). I am probably going to get caned for this thread but we are in danger of becoming too bitter, our fans were renowmed for being different, the neutrals favourite lets start showing a bit of class and remember that we are 'City super City from Maine Road'. I have been monitoring this forum for sometime and respect it and all the people who are on it, however Arry got that twitch when he was involved in a car accident when he and was at Italia 90 touring between games. He lost one of his best friends who was killed instantly which must have damaged him physically and psychologically in intensive care for months, I am disabled through no fault of my own are you going to ridicule me too?

The double training sessions happened only two or three times last season according to those who are kind enough to go watch and bring back reports.

You also seem to miss the point completely, Harry is a decent manager but he's not going to be some saviour for City like some are suggesting. His track record says so.

You didn't expect everyone on here to agree with the OP and say yeah, Mancini is no good and we want Harry in now did you? Mancini has his style and it's works for him so does Harry.

remoh said:
Optimus Prime said:

Martin O Neill ?

Are you psychic?

Otherwise that's some scary shit ;)

Thanks everybody got a bit carried away with my rant, will make sure I paragraph it next time, its a fine balance between attack and defence and Mancini appears to favour the latter. Thats not a problem for me because it is an art, VK is my favourite player because his anticipation of where the ball is going to go, his spacial awareness to be in the right place at the right time is phenominal. You cannot teach that its a gift, last night I thought Michael Dawson tried it far too often last night, and was fortunate he didnt get punished. VK has a sixth sense
and always choses the right moment when to get a toe and when to put it into row Z, everytime he does it he shrugs his shoulders as if to say is that all youve got.

GAP Thanks

There was a moment in our game against Aris where Micah jockeyed his opponent out and kept him turned, I was sat there going, dont dive and give away an aimless free kick and give them the opportunity launch it into our penalty box where pandamodium could be unleashed which is usual for us. For me it was the best of the whole evening, simple I know but it showed a maturity I was clapping
at that point which only comes from coaching (remember him ball watching for Michael Owens goal) under Hughsey. Mancini has definitely improved him and I would even say that he is reliable now hmm, I think he is going to be a top player for us now and in the plus he is from the academy which is a bonus. Under Hughes we shipped goals for fun and were ridiiclued by the media, now we are getting battered by them for 'Italian mentality' I hate that phrase by the way.

Gap

We have gone from one extreme to the other at Aston Villa we had 68% possession which by the wayfor us is amazing they parked the bus after their breakaway and one shot and which showed that we can dominate teams. However our final third play was too predictble or the incisive pass just wasnt their, thats my worry that possssion stat was Batrcelonaesqe and we were away from home too boot. I came away thinking we had come such a long way as a squad and a club but if I am being hyper critical Dunney and Collins were awseome that day which says alot about us.

Gap

Even Arsenal fans are getting bored of that style of play that has seen them potless again, imagine how frustrated we all would be screaming shoot shoot Pesonally for what its worth I think we need a midfielder who is quick that can run beyond the oppositions back line, who has an eye a goal that, can anybbody else solve this conundrum !

dw7 said:
Was our manager we'd win near enough to everything

Not sure about that but we would have to watch the utter shite we have been doing so recently.

Mancini is becoming too negative football is too slow and aint that good.

Spuds all the way for 4th and once again we will miss out on CL

Fiorentina
Coppa Italia: 2000–01
Lazio
Coppa Italia: 2003–04
Internazionale
Serie A: 2005–06; 2006–07; 2007–08
Coppa Italia: 2004–05; 2005–06
Supercoppa Italiana: 2005; 2006

Redknapp - Portsmouth FA cup

Fiorentima winning the Italian Cup was probably a similar achievement to the Pompey FA cup win. But the Roberto has other achievements to go along with it.

They both have a similar % win rate at their current clubs 51%. Although you have to take into account Mancini is in a new league that although have big budgets are still in transition.

Personally i know who I prefer, who has the capacity , the pulling power and personality to move us onwards and upwards.

onceabluealways said:
Fiorentina
Coppa Italia: 2000–01
Lazio
Coppa Italia: 2003–04
Internazionale
Serie A: 2005–06; 2006–07; 2007–08
Coppa Italia: 2004–05; 2005–06
Supercoppa Italiana: 2005; 2006

Redknapp - Portsmouth FA cup

Fiorentima winning the Italian Cup was probably a similar achievement to the Pompey FA cup win. But the Roberto has other achievements to go along with it.

They both have a similar % win rate at their current clubs 51%. Although you have to take into account Mancini is in a new league that although have big budgets are still in transition.

Personally i know who I prefer, who has the capacity , the pulling power and personality to move us onwards and upwards.

and i feel sure that if you took this city team and played in Seria A we would do very very well but we aint we are in the prem and different styles are required

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.