If We Can Win The League At Brighton

Staying on front near the pier. Is uber a better option or will I just get stuck in match traffic?

If you're tight for time I from the pier I would get a cab to Brighton Racecourse. That's where one of the three Park and Ride Sites are situated. Get on one of the Park and Ride busses from there (You don't need to have parked a car there, and it's free) I quite often use the pub that's up there on match days, then use the P&R Bus.

Even that takes time though - even if it is only 3 to 4 miles or so from the stadium - allow 30 - 40 minutes

Hi there BHA61, we are thinking of heading to Lewes before and after the game & would be grateful for answers to a couple of questions.

Do you know what the transport options are from there to Falmer? I know there is a train but I think I've also read about match buses.
Also after the game at Falmer station, do they have separate queues for Brighton bound trains and those going the other way to Lewes/Eastbourne etc or is it just one big queue that divides only when you get into the station?
Would I be right in thinking the Brighton bound trains will be far busier than those to Lewes?

Hi there BHA61, we are thinking of heading to Lewes before and after the game & would be grateful for answers to a couple of questions.

Do you know what the transport options are from there to Falmer? I know there is a train but I think I've also read about match buses.
Also after the game at Falmer station, do they have separate queues for Brighton bound trains and those going the other way to Lewes/Eastbourne etc or is it just one big queue that divides only when you get into the station?
Would I be right in thinking the Brighton bound trains will be far busier than those to Lewes?

Lewes is a good option - trains are still busy but not as much as from Brighton. I'd get to the train station at least an hour before KO.

I'd take the train rather than the bus (only because I've never used the bus so can't comment)

Loads (ands I man loads) of great pubs in Lewes too - and I think it's only the one next to the station that is home fans only.

Remember you don't need to buy a train ticket from Lewes to Falmer - it's included in your match ticket.

If you're coming from London on the train, only buy a ticket as far as Haywards Heath.

As far as after the match goes, there are two queues (one for Brighton, other for Lewes/Eastbourne) - one for Lewes is shorter but you can still expect a minimum 15/20 minute wait - although Sunday might be different as not everyone will leave together I would guess. I would stay in the ground - the concourses in the away end always stay open after the game (except for Palace) and have a drink whilst the queues go down.

Enjoy your day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.