IF WE GET THROUGH...

Living in the US nowadays, i obviously cannot get there, if i still lived back in dear old blighty i would no doubt be there, even though i lived in the Midlands (but am a born and bred Manc!) and 'home' games were a 240 mile round trip, but in fairness, i think like many others its a combination of things;

Too many games in general
No 'big' named teams at the COMS yet in the competition (lets be honest, nearly all games have been against crappy teams if the truth is known!)
MONEY - Lack there of nowadays!
Midweek games - tough for a lot of people to get there for
Choice between a game against Midgeyland on a Thursday, or a decent Prem away game on the Saturday = no contest

I have yet to see any team get consistently good gates for this competition, hence the reasons behind changing the whole format next season perhaps!

All will no doubt change, the closer we get to our planned away trip to Istanbul !!

CTID and beyond!!

I'd struggle to get to most away games, i start work at 5-00am, so sleep aside, if i got delayed on the way back, i'd lose 70 quid in wages for the day, a weeks 'attendence bonus', the match ticket and travelling costs etc, so theoretically a match in Europe could cost me about £400.

I missed the Twente game due to work but have made the rest, and tbh every time I went I had wished that I hadnt bothered goin. The atmosphere has been kak every game and I have rushed about to get to the game when tbh Id have rather went home after work, had a shower, missus made me my tea and watch it on the telly.

Providing we get into the quarters I expect a few people may start to get into the Uefa cup so the attendance hopefully will improve, if we are in the Uefa next season then I doubt i will be goin to the early rounds after this seasons experience.

C&ETID

Easy. We haven't played A TOP TEAM yet.

We can only draw a top team in th QF so everyone will go.

That's it.

Purely a location thing for me.

Can't get home, changed and to the ground in time now.

I take the point made earlier that it could seem unfair if ST holders who didn't go to the Eufa games got first digs on the tickets but if they do then I'll be definately trying to get tickets for the final. Bare in mind though that I've paid for a sT for over 30 years and got nothing back in all that time so it does balance out.

liamctid said:
I understand the money situation is hard at the moment, being a student I've got it all to come...

But for me, these Uefa Cup games are as important now as playing the 'Top 4' - infact fuck that, they're much more important.

I know that if I miss the games, theres less chance of getting a ticket to an away game like United or a european one.

So what price do you think is reasonable for the club to charge? It was 20 quid the other day - if it was to be reduced, would that interest you in coming more? Or would it belittle the competition?

Do you believe the club need to make more of an effort in advertising the game? Like sending out the message that the NEED you there?

I think this is a decent thread... i think the guys behind the scenes will be asking; "If its a money matter, why can the CL teams and why can Villa still get sell outs or PL sized gates for thier European matches?"

I think perhaps it might be down to our fans not beleiving the Uefa Cup is a big enough competition to care about, i'm sure if it was CL football we were palying we wouldnt be having this discussion imo.

Perhaps too were not used to European football, so the pull of it hasnt got to too many supporters yet.

exileindevon said:
what were the attendances for the other english clubs im guessing they were not great.plus it has to be the longest most drawn out competition since spasky played that other fellah at chess..21 games to win it if we do.thats half a season
Villa and Spurs had better crowds than us

We got 32k for an FA Cup game against Forest, yet only 24 k against Aalborg.

I think it's down to a lack of a local supporter base.

If you're living outside of Manchester, and working, how do you get to the ground for 7.45pm? How do you get back? When it's on free TV, it's understandable why so many regulars give it a miss

If we get through to the next round, I hope a lot more will support the team. The atmopshere has been good for these games with some crazy visiting support

Marvin said:
exileindevon said:
what were the attendances for the other english clubs im guessing they were not great.plus it has to be the longest most drawn out competition since spasky played that other fellah at chess..21 games to win it if we do.thats half a season
Villa and Spurs had better crowds than us

We got 32k for an FA Cup game against Forest, yet only 24 k against Aalborg.

I think it's down to a lack of a local supporter base.

If you're living outside of Manchester, and working, how do you get to the ground for 7.45pm? How do you get back? When it's on free TV, it's understandable why so many regulars give it a miss

If we get through to the next round, I hope a lot more will support the team. The atmopshere has been good for these games with some crazy visiting support

But then i'd have to ask; How on earth do utd get 60,000 for cup games!?

Numptyed said:
I'm not a season ticket holder I just go to games as and when i can.

In all honestey Aalborg was the first Uafa game iv been to I never went to the other games for a number of reasons main one being I just couldn't be arsed going when it was freezing cold not getting home till 11:00 when the opposition were poor, factor into that the cost not just of the ticket but fuel and parking and a shit atmosphere when the games on TV and i can have 4 cans well watching it and then go to bed.

I will if i can get to the rest now were at the business end of the cup.
The atmosphere was great, better than most leauge games I thought

I think it is a money issue , but i also believe that fans who dont go to many games are confused as to how to buy tickets. In the good old days you could meet in the pub, get a few lads together , hop on the bus and pay on the turnstile. Nowadays that isnt possible, people aren't sure if they can pay on the night, they not sure thay can all sit together, they dont understand about membership cards/access cards etc.. Im on about your average armchair fan who may want to go see the odd game, such as a uefa cup game. Perhaps a little message to them as to how easy and cheap it can be to gain access may help. I dont need people to tell me how easy it is, but i do believe a lot of people just give up to easy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.