IF WE GET THROUGH...

why should people splash out extra cash to watch us play a very poor side?
if we had been playing hamburg, zenit or werder i bet it would have been a much higher crowd.

tommcfc said:
if we had been playing hamburg, zenit or werder i bet it would have been a much higher crowd.

Or Nottingham Forest?

I really don't mean to have offended anyone by starting this thread, I'm not trying to say that I'm a bigger or better City fan because I go to more games than you or whatever.

The man in question who I spoke to said that he regularly checks these message boards. And he's probably looking through this thread at some point, so I really would advise those who have ideas about boosting the attendance to share it... Obviously we can't do a lot about who we play in the next round, but lets say if it was Braga, or someone not so high profile, at a price of 15 pounds, which is a slight drop - would it make those who haven't gone before want to go? Also, if we had the option of turning down the TV rights, would that make you want to go more?

GStar said:
tommcfc said:

i turn up to support City personally, as opposed to the opposition.

as do i
all im saying is at a midweek game, which is harder to attend especially if people have to travel longer distances, why should fans put themselves out when its pretty costly and against a championship standard side. more people would go if they were anticipating an exciting and competitive match

liamctid said:
To the next round of the UEFA Cup, who of you that have missed the earlier rounds will show up?

And if not, why?

I've just spoken to an important member of Citys behind the scenes team and we were discussing why people are staying away from our European adventure. Personally I just want to know what it is thats putting people off? Is it because beer isn't sold? Is it because its on T.V.? Or is it down to money? And if thats the case with the money, then what price do you think the games should be?

It must be so frustrating for the club, as not even a supporter knows what the real answers are.

So come on, whats your answers/theories to all this?
£10 adults,£2 under 17's,if the prices go up again the crowd will be lower still.
They really have to bite the bullet on this one.

Same for all cups especially evening kick offs.

Price is a minor issue, just people can't be arsed.

I think the confusion over buying tickets since we've moved has put a lot of casual fans off going to games...unlike the old days when you could stroll down to Maine Rd 10 mins prior to KO and pay at the turnstyle.

I would get the marketing bods to mailout an access card to every Tom, Dick and Harry blue they have on their database, along with a letter explaining how to book online. I would also ditch the ridiculous £1.50 online booking fee. So for about a minute of you time you could be sorted with a ticket. This might also pull a few more seasoncard holders in, especially if you could book your normal seat!

Jah said:
i just hope they have a priority system in place like the munchens do.. where if you have gone to all the UEFA cup games at home you have more of a priority over someone who hasn't regardless of loyalty points.. it would truely piss me off if i've been to all the uefa cup games at home and then get shunned because i dont have enough loyalty points!

Thing is though i cant agree with you mate, i have missed some UEFA Cup homes game this season due to work commitments and money. However, over the last 10 years (around how long ive had a season ticket from being old enough to go with my mates) ive only missed a handful of home games and that includes League Cup, FA Cup, Thomas Cook trophey, everything. Plus ive been to loads of away games over the years going to Wycombe, Bury, Stockport etc on cold dark midweek nights. Ive spent a fortune and devoted god knows how much time, and dont get me wrong id do it all again in a heart beat cos i love my club and it means the world to me. However, this season with the way work has been and the fact money has been tight at times i have had to miss a few UEFA Cup home games. If and god i pray we do make the final then i would want to go more than anything and feel that i would deserve to go more than some of the recent part timers that have started going recently since we have been more successful ( Jah im not saying you are one of these ). It would be easy to say the people who have been to all the UEFA Cup games should have priority but it would not be right. Why should i miss out after being loyal for years and years just cos someone showed up for 2 or 3 games i didnt this season.

I have missed barnsley tie and cpoenhagan away both due to family holidays, horrible finding a pub and seeing half the game as tv does that.
Home games are a given,away games have to come down to money so I go and leave wife and kid behind:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.