If we get to either final are you going ?

Champions league, no. Fa cup...yes so long as it's not the rags, no way am I putting up with those scumbags I'm too old these days.
You're never too old to put up with that lot. I relish the thought of beating them at Wembley. Some of my best football memories are of the Yaya goal and getting leathered at the roundabout. Just keep the faith.

I take it you’ve not been to the London Borough of Newham.

I have actually. It's all much of a muchness to be honest.

The best place I lived during my many years in that London was Battersea, which was probably on a par with Chorlton (on a good day).

Worst...? Croydon. Just awful.

I have actually. It's all much of a muchness to be honest.

The best place I lived during my many years in that London was Battersea, which was probably on a par with Chorlton (on a good day).

Worst...? Croydon. Just awful.
Went to Battersea Power Station a couple of weeks ago. An amazing piece of architecture.

Croydon is grim, and very violent too.

Went to Battersea Power Station a couple of weeks ago. An amazing piece of architecture.

Croydon is grim, and very violent too.
Did you do the great glass elevator thing? I quite enjoyed it although it’s a great example of making money from virtually nothing. A good view from the top of the tower is spun out into a hour long attraction somehow.

Champions league, no. Fa cup...yes so long as it's not the rags, no way am I putting up with those scumbags I'm too old these days.
I hate hearing scared talk like this. An FA Cup final against United would be totally different to that semi. That was a worst case scenario: it wasn’t that big a novelty/big game for them back then (like for us now) so their tickets were available to pretty much anyone who wanted one. For us it was season ticket holders only. We had thousands and thousand of younger, drinking fans at the roundabout/green man area who never went near Wembley way. City’s firm actually went the wrong way on that side too and didn’t even get to Wembley way apparently. So there were pockets of bullying which went on around Wembley way because United more or less had it to themselves.

It would be totally different in a final. In the charity shield a few months later City’s lads marched up there having learned a few lessons and United wouldn’t go near them apparently.

I hate hearing scared talk like this. An FA Cup final against United would be totally different to that semi. That was a worst case scenario: it wasn’t that big a novelty/big game for them back then (like for us now) so their tickets were available to pretty much anyone who wanted one. For us it was season ticket holders only. We had thousands and thousand of younger, drinking fans at the roundabout/green man area who never went near Wembley way. City’s firm actually went the wrong way on that side too and didn’t even get to Wembley way apparently. So there were pockets of bullying which went on around Wembley way because United more or less had it to themselves.

It would be totally different in a final. In the charity shield a few months later City’s lads marched up there and United wouldn’t go near them apparently.

Mate it's not scared talk I'm just too old and wise now to want to get involved or be anywhere near the rag bastards at Wembley. I usually stay for one or two nights there and I couldn't put up with the fuckers. Although I said I'm older and wiser now I'd be worried I'd forget all that if they started, I've come close a few times in Manchester. It's really not worth it as much as they get under your skin.

Wembley is a terrible day out for any occasion. Awful location, hugely overpriced. I can't stand the place.

Imagine having a CL final there having looked forward to going abroad for a proper European experience. Stuck in the shittiest part of London, match finishing around 10pm, (possibly 11pm if ET, penalties) followed by presentation, lap of honour, etc.

Good luck getting a train back to Manchester. It'd probably be easier getting home from Istanbul.
Yeah it's wank around the stadium but London is a fantastic City. Personally I love any London game, a couple of days in the capital I generally find really enjoyable.

Great music scene in London and always something to do. Each to their own though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.