IF we get to the final how would you distribute the tickets?

Flixton blue said:
Probably a large portion of those who went against Crawley were day trippers who wouldn't normally get the chance to go to OT and probably would have no intention of going to the final. Also, i don't think United are offering any preference for semi and final tickets to those who went to early round games. As far as i know it is done by a ballot.

Wrong mate - unless the season ticket holders sold their ticket on to the day trippers. They were made to buy the ticket and we will be following along this line over the next few years.

And they were according to a lad in the office. He said they went to fans attending all games, all games less 1, all games less 2 etc etc

johnmc said:
Flixton blue said:
Probably a large portion of those who went against Crawley were day trippers who wouldn't normally get the chance to go to OT and probably would have no intention of going to the final. Also, i don't think United are offering any preference for semi and final tickets to those who went to early round games. As far as i know it is done by a ballot.

Wrong mate - unless the season ticket holders sold their ticket on to the day trippers. They were made to buy the ticket and we will be following along this line over the next few years.

And they were according to a lad in the office. He said they went to fans attending all games, all games less 1, all games less 2 etc etc

If the club starts forcing season ticket holders to join a compulsory cup scheme like the rags do then that is shocking.

Flixton blue said:
If the club starts forcing season ticket holders to join a compulsory cup scheme like the rags do then that is shocking.

I reckon they wont go to the lengths the rags have done, but I can see the current loyalty system being scapped or amended to make more recent matches more valuable in the scheme of things for big games.

The current system was brought in when Wembley was a pipe dream. Now it will be year in year out hopefully. There is no way they will allow 20k attendences in the early rounds and then sell 32K tickets for the semi without a tie in somewhere.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
For a final only loyalty points should count.

Cup Direct - No
Juniors with not enough points - No

Luckily I think they will go in anthoer direction.

SWP's back said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
Thanks Mr condecsending.....
You seem to think you know a lot about me and my mates.
I'm fully aware and could write a list as long as my arm as to why you can't upgrade concession tickets for away and cup games and in hindsight I should have said that in my initial post!!
The point I'm trying to make is that if I want to use my season card/s to take another "real supporter" as you put it, then I should be able to. It's my neck and continued ownership of the season card I'm putting on the line. What's the difference for example in an OSC member with very few loyalty points getting a ticket and 2 mates who have supported City for 40 years and who can't afford season cards presently (their points would be in the region of 6700 had they kept hold of them!!) being treated to a ticket. I upgrade my sons and fathers concession cards for league games for them and they have often bought tickets off the King of the Kippax seller at away games or through either of 2 OSC's when spares are going!!. In deed, when I was a member of an OSC, others used my tickets for away games when I couldn't go. So, its every man for himself, criteria is in place to give preference to loyalty yet it's not always fare, is it?.

Oh I agree. The OSC's way of doing things is bollocks (having said that my mate that comes away games with me does this each time as he has no points (well about 70) as guess what, I can't upgrade my Dad's ticket from OAP so it's the only way we can go together.

Next season I am paying the difference and stopping my Dad's ticket being an OAP one so I can always take my mate away and rack up more points on his (my Dads) card.

When my father in law died a few years back, my dad, although he's a closet red (but aren't they all!!) took over the ticket so that we could have a drink and meet at the games, he's been going 8 years now with the same ticket, we didn't lose the loyalty points. Not so sure you can just upgrade an oap ticket to an adult in your dads name though, might have to influence them to accept change of use. You might lose the loyalty points, can you let me know how you go on?
I nearly did the same thing last season, problem is that's an extra £450 ish on my sons and £300 ish on my dads, will have to see how the finances are come renewal and just make sure the good lady doesn't get to know!!!!<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:05 pm --<br /><br />What happens when they increase capacity at the stadium to 65,000 - 75,000.
We will have 50 odd thousand season ticket holders!!
Will it remain loyalty points then?
I would hate the ballot thing.
Some of my relatives from Surrey get to 3 or 4 games a season at the swamp via their system, thats bobbins..............
So long as the loyalty scheme stays in play and the loyal fans keep on racking up their points, then the bandwaggon fans will never get a sniff.
Is that ultimnately fare?
Don't know, not an easy one................

Stretford Born Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Oh I agree. The OSC's way of doing things is bollocks (having said that my mate that comes away games with me does this each time as he has no points (well about 70) as guess what, I can't upgrade my Dad's ticket from OAP so it's the only way we can go together.

Next season I am paying the difference and stopping my Dad's ticket being an OAP one so I can always take my mate away and rack up more points on his (my Dads) card.

When my father in law died a few years back, my dad, although he's a closet red (but aren't they all!!) took over the ticket so that we could have a drink and meet at the games, he's been going 8 years now with the same ticket, we didn't lose the loyalty points. Not so sure you can just upgrade an oap ticket to an adult in your dads name though, might have to influence them to accept change of use. You might lose the loyalty points, can you let me know how you go on?
I nearly did the same thing last season, problem is that's an extra £450 ish on my sons and £300 ish on my dads, will have to see how the finances are come renewal and just make sure the good lady doesn't get to know!!!!

-- Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:05 pm --

What happens when they increase capacity at the stadium to 65,000 - 75,000.
We will have 50 odd thousand season ticket holders!!
Will it remain loyalty points then?
I would hate the ballot thing.
Some of my relatives from Surrey get to 3 or 4 games a season at the swamp via their system, thats bobbins..............
So long as the loyalty scheme stays in play and the loyal fans keep on racking up their points, then the bandwaggon fans will never get a sniff.
Is that ultimnately fare?
Don't know, not an easy one................

Yeah I will try. I'm gonna call up and pretend to be him and just say I want to pay full price as I am wealthy (i'll be lying) and hate being descriped as an OAP.

Will be interesting to see what they do. You have to "opt in" to the OAP price in the first place and this season was his first. I shouldn't think "opting out" should be a problem.

Flixton blue said:
johnmc said:

They already have.

swp80 said:
Billy Spurdle said:
In exactly the same way - based on a supporter's commitment to attend matches.

-Seasoncard holders have shown more commitment than non-s/c holders.
-Current members of the Cup Scheme have shown more commitment than non- members.

The club are quite rightly giving these supporters priority. That's just my opinion.

How have members of the cup scheme shown more commitment. I'v been to all home cup games this season, plus all away F.a cup games and aris and kiev away. probably more than 90% off all those on the cup scheme, i just never thought about going on the cup scheme as it could take money out of my account at inconvenient times. does this make me less loyal?

OK, you've been to every game but you had the choice NOT to attend. Cup Scheme members didn't have that choice. Not questioning your loyalty at all but you've gotta look at it from the club's point of view. They are just rewarding those customers who showed their commitment without knowing how many games or how much it would cost them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.