If we had bought Kane…

Basically had one good game- at the Etihad this season. If he was a city player he'd have managed four or five good games at the Etihad. Bullet dodged, good look to him and his silly chairman.
Can you stop the silly chairman talk? He quite rightfully wanted mad money to compensate for losing a player that all but extinguished any hope of CL football. When the whistle blows this evening its highly likely Spurs will have CL football (and money) and still own Kane. I think he's been a disaster of a chairman but on this deal he done the right thing.

It's a strange one but if he'd stayed fit we'd likely be in the CL final and chilling today waiting for the trophy lift after a different style of play all season.

Of course footballs a funny old game, it'd have cost us £150m, no Haaland and no resale value on him added to not wanting him here.

Would have been a great short-term gain but we always quite rightly look at the longer game.

Possibly, we do love a release clause. To have both in the starting line up, you'd basically have to sacrifice one of Kev, Bernie or a wide player to do it I think.

But I don't think many teams could handle Kane coming short whilst Haaland looks for the through ball. Especially if we still kept some width.

But in reality we'd probably have gotten the glass ankles Kane version, so kept the one striker and then have friction on who misses out when fit.

Spoilsport...

You shouldn't let facts get in the way of a good old 'what if' thread on Bluemoon

:-)

(Coming soon... 'what if Haaland gets run over by a bus on Ashton New Road on the way to his first day of training'...)
"How much compensation will the bus owner's agent get due to Haaland damaging the bus ?"

Can you stop the silly chairman talk? He quite rightfully wanted mad money to compensate for losing a player that all but extinguished any hope of CL football. When the whistle blows this evening its highly likely Spurs will have CL football (and money) and still own Kane. I think he's been a disaster of a chairman but on this deal he done the right thing.
Really sorry mate. I can only apologise for my moment of madness calling levy silly. I hope this hasn't soured relations between us, and I'd like to offer you the chance to come round and have a go on the wife while I make you a brew and apologise in person for what I said about levy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.