If we had bought Kane…

I don't know about Haaland but we'd have won the league
We'd have won it in April with Kane, we'd have have won the FA Cup, and we'd be in the CL final.

Whatever he would have cost, we'd have made most of it back in prize money.

Oh well, what we never had, we'll never miss.

Kane must have a lot of referee friends to be able to achieve all that. It's the only thing missing from the City team.

Got to say that with Kane this season I think we would have won the FA Cup, made the CL final, and would have wrapped the league up a few games ago.

Would I swap that for what we have now, with Haaland incoming...? Not a chance. I simply cannot wait for next season.

The only difference he would have made is he wouldn’t have played against us in our home game against Spurs, and with those points have won the league by now. Would have been rested in the FA Cup anyway. We didn’t go through against Madrid for defensive mistakes

I trust City to try and get the player that City need.
Of all the players we sign I never wanted Kane.
Always thought he was a selfish player and wouldn't suit us. City are all about the team.
Yep. Plus he cannot control a pass. The ball bounces off his boots....are they are shaped like 50 pences?. He was absolutely dross at the Euros last summer.

No mere mortal can state what we would have achieved with Kane, we have played 37 PL games full of "what ifs". If we had Kane there is a chance we would have won the title earlier, there is a chance we would be struggling to make the top 4, because every second of every game would have been different to what it was. Speculation is irrelevant, where we are now is the only thing relevant.

No mere mortal can state what we would have achieved with Kane, we have played 37 PL games full of "what ifs". If we had Kane there is a chance we would have won the title earlier, there is a chance we would be struggling to make the top 4, because every second of every game would have been different to what it was. Speculation is irrelevant, where we are now is the only thing relevant.
Spoilsport...

You shouldn't let facts get in the way of a good old 'what if' thread on Bluemoon

:-)

(Coming soon... 'what if Haaland gets run over by a bus on Ashton New Road on the way to his first day of training'...)

I agree. And the assumption seems to be that we would have simply added Kane to the current squad. But if we’d spent £250m on Grealish and Kane there would have had to be outgoings. The expectation last summer was that Bernardo would leave and there were suggestions that we were prepared to let at least one of Mahrez, Laporte, Jesus or Sterling go.

Impossible to know how this season would have turned out if we’d let a couple of players leave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.