If we had bought Kane…

I think we'd have taken more points off Palace, Spurs and Saints if we'd bought Kane. And we'd also have put a few more past the local lower life forms.
I'm not sure about the dippers as they are a bloody good team and may have nullified him. I'm also not sure whether we'd have got past either Madrid side with him. - Remember he's not an additional player, he would replace one of our many top class midfielders.
Not buying Kane will be a stupid decision if we don't win the league tomorrow. If we win it then waiting for Haaland was the better option.

We'd be coming back to thinking of Haaland as a (very expensive) option when we needed a Kane replacement in 3 years or so. But by that time there might be other options available, coming through our EDS or elsewhere.

If we'd got Kane I'd have been happy to have him. He's a lethal finisher and his dropping deep style probably would have suited us. I don't doubt he would have scored 20+ PL goals for us this season. He's scored 16 for Spurs whilst not looking arsed for half of it.

I think we'd have been better this season with him.

But now we've got Haaland coming, with his scoring record and his youth and his links to the club...yeah, I'm excited. And not missing Kane, whatever happens.

Basically had one good game- at the Etihad this season. If he was a city player he'd have managed four or five good games at the Etihad. Bullet dodged, good look to him and his silly chairman.
Sorry but that just isn’t true. He was and still is a great player. I just think that he was too expensive for a player nearing his thirties and I am glad we didnt pay £150m for him only for that reason.

We didnt “dodge a bullet” as you put it, but in hindsight we are perhaps fortunate that Daniel Levy refused to negotiate as we have done ok this season without Kane and have signed one of the hottest prospects in world football.

Last edited:
Kane's a top draw goal scorer in my opinion(who also takes a decent penalty) we would have had the title sown up now and probably been in the Champions league final given the chances we missed in the first leg of the semi final, but his cost and age and his chairman robbing him of the chance means he's missed out. When Haarland comes good next and following seasons his misfortune is our gain.

Kane's a top draw goal scorer in my opinion(who also takes a decent penalty) we would have had the title sown up now and probably been in the Champions league final given the chances we missed in the first leg of the semi final, but his cost and age and his chairman robbing him of the chance means he's missed out. When Haarland comes good next and following seasons his misfortune is our gain.
I think we would certainly have made the Cl final with Kane in the team and already won the league. He doesn't miss those key chances Mahrez missed. That said if we had a proper left back we would have been in the same position. We are still shipping goals down our left side. We keep the ball so much we don't need to defend much. But we still give away easy chances to teams which are much poorer than us.

I think we would certainly have made the Cl final with Kane in the team and already won the league. He doesn't miss those key chances Mahrez missed. That said if we had a proper left back we would have been in the same position. We are still shipping goals down our left side. We keep the ball so much we don't need to defend much. But we still give away easy chances to teams which are much poorer than us.
I'm afraid the lack of left back and injuries have cost us, that said i'll be more than happy with the title tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.