If we had bought Kane…

Disagree. Any world class player we sign would look good in our team. Pogba, Ronaldo, sanchez all included.
If kane had signed for us, he'd have 25 goals this season. He flopped early on in the season because his head wasn't in it.
But some would look better. Haarland will look better than Kane. As for Pogba, Fake Ron, and Sanchez, not even Pep would be able to dislodge the bad habits that all of them accumulated wearing the Devil's garb.

Not buying Kane will be a stupid decision if we don't win the league tomorrow. If we win it then waiting for Haaland was the better option.
I agree with all you said apart from this last bit: not buying Kane wasn’t a ‘decision’. We tried our best but we simply couldn’t do it. Despite what other clubs say we can’t buy whoever we want. By my reckoning you could fill out a team with the players we’ve gone for but failed to get, except perhaps for a goalkeeper.

Now we’ve got Haaland coming it seems like it’s worked out for the best all round. Spurs fans have seen the best of Kane and now they can enjoy the rest of him. We get to enjoy one of the hottest properties in world football coming to our club without the kind of baggage the circus around Kane was stirring up. Plus the club have saved £100m into the bargain.

Disagree. Any world class player we sign would look good in our team. Pogba, Ronaldo, sanchez all included.
If kane had signed for us, he'd have 25 goals this season. He flopped early on in the season because his head wasn't in it.
To put that into context Mahrez has 22.

Buying Kane would have been a terrible idea, to old for the price and nowhere near long term reliability, he will be like Rooney was for the scum in another year or two, dropping deeper and deeper until he plays rush keeper and we have one of those already lol

Waiting the year and getting in a guy that really is within touching distance of being a world class star, of course, the minute he joined us the chance of grabbing a Ballon d'Or just went south but we will know he is world class when he smashes all goal scoring records for years to come :)

We'd have won the league easily, he'd be a better player and we'd be a better team for it, but we definitely wouldn't be in for Haaland, and there would have been games and signs where we already having to think about who would replace him. The big question mark is whether we would be in the CL final. Almost impossible to war game or counter history what happened in Madrid.

That performance from Kane against us. Felt to me like a "fuck you" performance.

Like he was making a point.

Then it was pretty much back to normal service for him and Spursy.
He's been an important part of dragging them to a CL place. Albeit Arsenal collapsing has helped.

Spot on. Cancelo and Zinchenko are wonderfully talented footballers but they both poor defenders. They both look as though they would be better suited in midfield but I don’t see how they’d ever get a game there for us. We desperately need a proper left back (or two) and cover at right back.

Personally I would rather see Ake or Laporte at left back than either of the other two.
Ake definitely a better defender than either of the others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.