If we had our own version of FC United...

Not seeing any valid reasons why you want to create a splinter 'City' club.

"Disillusioned with the game now"

Yes, its all about money, but when has it never been about money? granted its a higher scale now than its every been, that is the way the game has evolved. No one is forcing you buy a shirt at £60, no one is forcing you to buy a season ticket, there are plenty of other ways to enjoy City if you dont have that much money to spend.

and you think starting a new club is cheap and easy? Just any local club that plays non-league and ask how hard it is just to survive. FC Scum had thousands of fans that wanted to start their splinter club and 'generous' backers. They had a decent reason. They thought the life and soul of their club was threatened by The Glazers. Do you have that excuse? You arent happy how the club is being run, or the soul is being ripped out? You disagree that the current regime and the way the game is and that City are successful now than they have been for nearly 40 years?? .... then go ahead.

"you cannot stand"

obviously health and safety, some might say its killjoys and jobsworth's killing the game, but having a few hundred people standing is vastly different than tens of thousands all standing.

Time's have changed, its not just working class men watching the game at the weekend after a hard weeks work, letting their hair down, having a pint of ale and smoke and barging everyone around when a goal is scored. Now there are family's, kids, disabled people at matches so H&S has to in effect.

Not against standing sections, there is already a proposal for that that the FA and PL are looking into so it might return. But i guarantee you this, if i was standing in front of someone else standing, they still tell me to sit the fuck down, at least with us sitting down, we can all see what see want.

"cant have a beer"

need a beer? really?? need a beer so badly that the game just isn't the same??? cant go 90 minutes without a beer and having pre-match and poist match isnt enough to compensate the break inbetween? end of the day, comes down to a simple fact, as a nation we drink excessively. German's, probably drink moderately. We can't be trusted and the German's trust theirs.

"Bayern Munich have a great atmosphere, make more money without pricing out the fans, Bayern this, Bayern that ....."

go fucking support Munich if its that easy for you to switch allegiances. "Bayern Munich's fans pay £104 for a season ticket in some areas of the ground" ... where's that ... up the god's where you need a £2k telescope just to spot there are dots moving on the big green thing?

You can make the argument that supporters clubs like Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona work and still successful. But these clubs are huge, globally they are giants, We are still growing, rapid but we are not giants, not by a long way, But what has Sheik Mansour and CFG done wrong to warrant a change to a fan-owned club?

On the whole, i cant understand why or agree why anyone would want a splinter club. A city fan is a City fan through the good, the bad and the ugly. United fans are rats deserting a sinking ship. But be a City fan on your terms, how you want to support them.

But if I renew my season ticket or buy a £60 shirt that cost £5 to make etc and woman on about how the game is pricing out fans and creating a splinter City club .... then my mirror aint doing its job, cos its not a fecking City fan looking back at me.

Bit of an odd one this.
Firstly I thought Maine Road FC started out as a bunch of City fans who wanted their own team, and they started in a Saturday league. If that's not the case then I apologise, but if it is the case then I'm not interested as I've always considered attending games (certainly the majority of home games) as the prime qualification for a supporter. I know loads will disagree so don't bother telling me.
Also, the OP mentioned "our version" of Fuck Em, he never suggested supporting the clowns. As an aside; I once heard some Fuck Em fans going an about them returning the rags to grass roots football, but there isn't a Fuck Em fan alive who can remember when the rags were grass roots.
Another point: The game has been about money for over fifty years and the rags were one of the main clubs responsible. Where were the shouts for a return to "real football" during the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and early 00s? They whinged when Martin Edwards set up a plc but were quite happy while the trophies rolled in. What they are now moaning about is that the Glazers won't bankroll major signings. They were owned by institutional investors well before Magic Malc came long and the "not for sale" bollox was, erm bollox.
And a quick question: We are currently watching the best collection of players to ever represent the club - just what is there to complain about? Why would we want a watered-down City?
PB's question is also a bit tricky. MK Dons are the heirs to Wimbledon FC. Not in any moral sense but in the sense that the players, the management team, the owners and most importantly the league place moved to Milton Keynes.
Allowing the move was a disgraceful act by the Football League and a number of restrictions regarding distance of relocation have now been put in place. That the FL is just a set of arses can be shown by the fact that they allow Coventry to currently play outside the specified limit.
These limits should prevent city being moved to Stafford (unless PL rules allow it). But if we were closed down and re-established as a new club in Stafford then it wouldn't be City. And we'd have to start well down the pyramid so the players and managerial staff would bear no resemblance to the current club. I suppose we could be moved to Warrington though?

Tim of the Oak said:
Good WUM and no thanks

Like Moomba said I'm sure your local non-league team would welcome extra support .

Also, we sing all match at away games.
Not all match we don't. I don't recall ANY away fans in the Prem ever singing all game.

KippaxCitizen said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Good WUM and no thanks

Like Moomba said I'm sure your local non-league team would welcome extra support .

Also, we sing all match at away games.
Not all match we don't. I don't recall ANY away fans in the Prem ever singing all game.
Perhaps not ALL match smartarse but it was pretty much wall to wall singing at many of the more interesting away games last season. I certainly had a sore throat after Spuds, rags, Palace and Everton, amongst others.

de niro said:
Barcon said:
mancityvstoke said:
I'm going to have to drive past their subbuteo ground to every home game.

SPIT

Thank god they weren't allowed to build on Ten Acres. I spread some of my Dads ashes there.

scored 9 goals in a game there once :)

I was probably watching from my Grans backyard at the top end of Staplehurst rd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.