If we had our own version of FC United...

If i wanted to watch a shit non league team, half way down the pyramid, with an unhealthy obsession with City, I'd go and watch Stockport.

I understand the OP.

Do you not think others rue the days when you could spend your Saturday afternoons watching a leather stitched ball booted up field and hoping it won't get stuck in the mud when it landed?

Don't you think I too miss the warmth and damp of the piss from the true Blue behind me flowing down my the back of my legs?

How comforting it was at the end of the match, when the crowd flooded down those Kippax steps, to be swept downwards and having the air crushed air out of your lungs.

Oh the excitement of trying to avoid being beaten up by opposition thugs looking for our thugs to fight.

Now I have to suffer the misery of resting my nearly 70 year old legs sitting down with a perfect view of unbelievably skilful players from all over the world meshing together and weaving subtle magic which results in winning cups and championships.

Football is ruined...

JJ

There are fans of 85+ professional clubs in England (plus all the non-league as this thread is about) who would give an arm and a leg to swap places with us, the best team in england scoring the most goals and with a 100million pound plus football academy nearly finished.... don't be so ungrateful

I guess it depends what you want out of the matchday experience

People banging on about atmosphere and being able to have a pie and a pint and still get change out of a fiver, yea great a decent atmosphere is what everyone wants

But me im a football purist, i go to City cause I love City and I don't have 'second teams'. It doesn't bother me what the atmosphere is like, who is in the squad or how much a hot dog costs, I go to City cause their my team and the way it stands at the moment its great watching these players play week in week our regardless of how much they earn

Personally i couldn't think of anything worse than going watching a bunch of bang average semi professional footballers just so I can stand and have a watered down pint of piss and a steak pie and be surrounded by people singing and jumping up and down for 90 minutes pretending their part of something diverse

Prestwich_Blue said:
To ask a slightly different question, what if City had gone into administration in Summer 2008 and someone had done an MK Dons on us, moving us to somewhere like Stafford. Would it still be City and would you still support them?

Thats an incredibly different question PB :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.