If we sign nobody else at all... can we all just agree?

AustinBlue

After supporting City for nearly 40 years.... Can I just say that even if we signed nobody else at all, I'm bloody thrilled at our squad and ready for the next year. I think we'll be great.

The talent at every position is so incredible compared to anything I've ever known in a lifetime of supporting City. Granted, the question is how we measure up next to other teams. But I'm beyond chuffed at the team that we already have. I'll celebrate every marquis signing, but surely we should be celebrating a golden era, not whining like spoiled brats.

I love Given. Not since Joe Corrigan have I felt this good about the guy in the net.

Micah Richards - who I will never forget for shutting down Man U the year before last, and who may have as much upside talent as any defender in the world. Onuha - . Bridge. Our stalwart, Dunne. Mr Smooth - Zabaleta. That's a really good back line.

Our midfield is incredible: Stevie Superman. Barry. SWP. Kompany. Elano. De Jong etc... we've never had close to that depth. If (it's a big if) Johnson gets fit, he'll be great. Young, energetic, talented, tough, fast.

And up front - Robinho (are you frickin kidding me that we have a world beater in our team like this? We creamed ourselves at Klinkladze and he's five times that good), Bellamy, RSC, Petrov, Caceido, Bojinov..... it's insanely beyond anything we've ever known. and matches up to anything anyone else has in any other team.

I'll celebrate the next signing, but I'm sick or reading the whining about who we may or may not sign. I can't believe the slagging off of some of our current team. Any time in the last 40 years, we'd have been lucky to have almost any of these people. City. Super City. Maine Road Marvels... this is just an incredible time.

Not worried. Hughes wouldn't be talking the way he is and our existing players wouldn't be be going out of their way to talk about how they are looking forward to the inevitable rag rivalry. Robbie and RSC are the latest two to do this and even Tevez has done it (at least indirectly). We would have to be badly wrong about every single signing if these positive vibes all come to nought. Worry not.

Great post and my thoughts exactly. I'd be well happy going into the season with the squad we have.

Agreed, if this squad can gel and Hughes can manage the weekly selection 'problem' well enough then we are top 6.

Add Tevez though, plus a class centre half, we could be finishing higher.

gotta say i agree mate, never looked forward to a season like i am next,

and all though we are saying if there aint any more, if we got one of the 4 were linked with i will be happy mate

Sack Bellend and Richards and I would agree with you....oh and we could do with a decent manager....

Kinky by name said:
bravo - agree with and endorse most of that (except the robbie five times better than Kinky error of course ;P)

Kinky was incredibly fun to watch - but I don't remember him as close the game changer that Robinho is. And, he'd have been taken off us by a richer team if he had been that good. Robinho could walk into the starting XI of any team in the world today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.