If we sign nobody else at all... can we all just agree?

AustinBlue said:
Numptyed said:
AustinBlue said:
After supporting City for nearly 40 years.... Can I just say that even if we signed nobody else at all, I'm bloody thrilled at our squad and ready for the next year. I think we'll be great.

The talent at every position is so incredible compared to anything I've ever known in a lifetime of supporting City. Granted, the question is how we measure up next to other teams. But I'm beyond chuffed at the team that we already have. I'll celebrate every marquis signing, but surely we should be celebrating a golden era, not whining like spoiled brats.

I love Given. Not since Joe Corrigan have I felt this good about the guy in the net.

Micah Richards - who I will never forget for shutting down Man U the year before last, and who may have as much upside talent as any defender in the world. Onuha - . Bridge. Our stalwart, Dunne. Mr Smooth - Zabaleta. That's a really good back line.

Our midfield is incredible: Stevie Superman. Barry. SWP. Kompany. Elano. De Jong etc... we've never had close to that depth. If (it's a big if) Johnson gets fit, he'll be great. Young, energetic, talented, tough, fast.

And up front - Robinho (are you frickin kidding me that we have a world beater in our team like this? We creamed ourselves at Klinkladze and he's five times that good), Bellamy, RSC, Petrov, Caceido, Bojinov..... it's insanely beyond anything we've ever known. and matches up to anything anyone else has in any other team.

I'll celebrate the next signing, but I'm sick or reading the whining about who we may or may not sign. I can't believe the slagging off of some of our current team. Any time in the last 40 years, we'd have been lucky to have almost any of these people. City. Super City. Maine Road Marvels... this is just an incredible time.
How can you be called Austin with a such good post like that? I know a lad called Austin and he's a fuc@in dimwit. As soon as I see the word Austin I can't think of anything else other than Forest Gump!

I'm not called Austin, I live in Austin, Texas.
See that just proves my theory :-)

Agree mostly with the OP a pretty sweet looking squad, even if we didn't add which of course ain't going to happen, just the additions of Barry and RSC will add a hell of a lot.

Barry coming into midfield, we can free up Vincent to move into defence if Dunne doesn't move on and can stop losing his concentration during games he still is a decent CB who can fight it out with VC and big Ned, have Zab and Micah fight out for right back.

And in RSC if we can keep fit will be an excellent target man and if possible we keep Bellemy out of the treatment room, same with the Boj (christ, we don't half get some bad luck with strikers) along with the goals from big Phil, Rob and Superman, our attacking options look pretty damn good.

But of course adding the likes of E'too, Tevez and a quality CB the likes of Terry, Lescott or Lucio and I'll be sporting wood for most of the season.

Regarding Kinky I'll have nothing bad said against that fella, will always have a place in my heart the little bastarding genius!

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Oh I can't let you get away with that Kinky remark pal. I seriously doubt you've been going to matches for 40 years if that's what you think of him, must be an armchair fan. Robinho is indeed exciting and a great finisher but when I used to watch Kinky at Maine Road he was pure magic, almost every time he touched the ball. I very rarely saw him lose the ball and you can't say that about Robbie. The only time he gave it away was when he played an absolutely blinding ball for someone who was just not on the same page (read quality) as him. The number of times he unlocked a defence then put the ball on a plate for Creeney or Rossler or Quin only to have them stuff the chance up. He was a world class player in a team of very average players. If he was in todays team he would be in his element because we have the talent to put around him.

Also the comment about no teams buying him off us, I believe Baconface himself wanted him but knew he wouldn't get far with him being a City player. I believe he said Kinky was just about the only player at an English club at that time that he would sign if possible.

I can't listen to that song by Dionne Warwick "I know I'll never love this way again" without thinking of Kinky.

I needed to share that with someone.
I'm not gay...am I ?

Maineblue said:
Agree mostly with the OP a pretty sweet looking squad, even if we didn't add which of course ain't going to happen, just the additions of Barry and RSC will add a hell of a lot.

Barry coming into midfield, we can free up Vincent to move into defence if Dunne doesn't move on and can stop losing his concentration during games he still is a decent CB who can fight it out with VC and big Ned, have Zab and Micah fight out for right back.

And in RSC if we can keep fit will be an excellent target man and if possible we keep Bellemy out of the treatment room, same with the Boj (christ, we don't half get some bad luck with strikers) along with the goals from big Phil, Rob and Superman, our attacking options look pretty damn good.

But of course adding the likes of E'too, Tevez and a quality CB the likes of Terry, Lescott or Lucio and I'll be sporting wood for most of the season.

Regarding Kinky I'll have nothing bad said against that fella, will always have a place in my heart the little bastarding genius!

This pretty much sums it up for me too!

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Oh I can't let you get away with that Kinky remark pal. I seriously doubt you've been going to matches for 40 years if that's what you think of him, must be an armchair fan. Robinho is indeed exciting and a great finisher but when I used to watch Kinky at Maine Road he was pure magic, almost every time he touched the ball. I very rarely saw him lose the ball and you can't say that about Robbie. The only time he gave it away was when he played an absolutely blinding ball for someone who was just not on the same page (read quality) as him. The number of times he unlocked a defence then put the ball on a plate for Creeney or Rossler or Quin only to have them stuff the chance up. He was a world class player in a team of very average players. If he was in todays team he would be in his element because we have the talent to put around him.

Also the comment about no teams buying him off us, I believe Baconface himself wanted him but knew he wouldn't get far with him being a City player. I believe he said Kinky was just about the only player at an English club at that time that he would sign if possible.

OK... OK... The Kinky remark was out of line - he is a sky blue god. But we lucked into him. We frickin outbid everyone for Robinho in his prime. Not mortgaged our entire future for Steve Daley. The point is that it's a golden time.

Kinky by name said:
Kevcod said:
I can't listen to that song by Dionne Warwick "I know I'll never love this way again" without thinking of Kinky.

I needed to share that with someone.
I'm not gay...am I ?

yes and I am gonna scratch your eyes out; he's mine

ooooooohhhhhhhhh get her a bowl of milk !!

:-) xx

An uplifting OP, and quite thoughtful. The group as it stands today would IMO be capable of cracking the top 6, but the three signings we've already made need adding to.

In effect, Stuart Taylor probably won't play that much, but will keep Shay on his toes. Rocky needs to keep clear of injuries, so the main signing so far for me has to be Gareth Barry even though he cost less than RSC.

Still hoping we can get the other 3 players that Mark Hughes wants, and if he does, then I can believe we're gonna be real contenders this year.

Come on you Blues !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.