If we went out at the group stage.

C_T_I_D

Hypotethically speaking if we went out at the group stage of the Champions League would you perception of Mancini change? I'm talking in terms of doubting his ability to succeed in European competition. Also we'd drop into the Europa League. Is this a competition you believe we'd take seriously given the inferior standard of competition and our focus being on achieving first or second position within the domestic league?

We just get on with winning the domestic treble

There has to be an understanding that we're in "the group of death" and that as a club we need stability

No. For 300 mil pounds you'd expect to go far in Europe as well as here in England. If Tottenham could reach the last 8, we can do better. We should succeed in Europe AND in England, not either one.

C_T_I_D said:
Hypotethically speaking if we went out at the group stage of the Champions League would you perception of Mancini change? I'm talking in terms of doubting his ability to succeed in European competition. Also we'd drop into the Europa League. Is this a competition you believe we'd take seriously given the inferior standard of competition and our focus being on achieving first or second position within the domestic league?

Dropping out at the group stage would be a major disappointment for the whole club and would increase the pressure on Mancini to deliver the title. If we fall behind in the title race as well I'd say major questions would be asked in the boardroom in the summer.

The game in Munich is huge now. To quote an email I had recently from a mate of mine, lose there are we are in some trouble.

Hypothetically I believe we'd go all out for success in the Europa because we'd be the best team in it. IT would be daft not to.

I would be disappointed if we went out in the group stage however that disappointment would be tempered by the fact it was/is the most competitive group in the competition.

I would then only be satisfied by winning the Europa League, Premier League, FA Cup and Carling Cup...

I think we will qualify no doubt, but to answer your hypothetical question no I won't doubt Mancini. We are in the toughest group and being new to all this as a club it wouldn't be fair to blame it all on Mancini. This year's CL campaign to me is a learning process where we can get to understand and get a feel of what it takes as a club to compete with the elite of Europe. I think the furthest we can get this year is the Semis depending on what draw you get and luck etc, but the one I'd like to win most is the Premiership, it shouldn't be because of all the kudos and glamour surrounding the CL, but it is. Let's win the domestic one first.

Eastlands90 said:
No. For 300 mil pounds you'd expect to go far in Europe as well as here in England. If Tottenham could reach the last 8, we can do better. We should succeed in Europe AND in England, not either one.

Just because Spurs did well last season doesn't mean anything for us this season, it's the hardest club tournament in world football and we are in one of the hardest groups, getting knocked out at the group stage would be no disgrace. We can't just expect to rock up and p*ss it because Spurs had a good run last season.

I would be disappointed but still have faith in Roberto

One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that. All City fans need to take a deep breath and count to 10 and realise how far we have come in such a short time. There will be setbacks along the way.

Be patient !

Oh and as for the mighty Spurs last season it's completely irrelevant and they had a much easier group than we have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.