IF we win against wolves

Sleeping_Easy

Then we sit top of the premier league for the night but more importantly the game the next day can lead to one of two favourable outcomes for city and one thats not as great but still a good point.

1. United win - tottenham sit 9 points behind us and surely then our top four spot is confirmed pretty much. (i already think it is)

2. Spurs win - We sit top of the premier league for the week and we'd have to be taken seriously as title contenders by those that arn't already

or last and not as good as the other two

3. Draw - We sit joint top of the table behind only on goal difference and 8 points clear of tottenham.

Which option would you pick???

As long as WE beat Wolves (which is the only result I really care about) then any result between United and Spurs is okay. Not sure why you think a draw would be the worst option though - think it could be the best. Still, any result acceptable - as long as WE win!!

DTeacher said:
As long as WE beat Wolves (which is the only result I really care about) then any result between United and Spurs is okay. Not sure why you think a draw would be the worst option though - think it could be the best. Still, any result acceptable - as long as WE win!!

I'm not sure about it being the worst long term i was just thinking about momentum short term with the other two results one confirms champions league football next year pretty much and the other puts us top of the league where as the draw doesn't really do either

A draw or a Spurs win would be best for us, we have plenty of ground on Spurs and with their record its almost certain they'll drop more points anyway. Plus we have to play them at our place. If we want any chance of the title we need the better teams to beat United. We are well in the driving seat for any place between 4th and 2nd basically, it's ours to lose, 1st is United's to lose.

Sleeping_Easy said:
DTeacher said:

I'm not sure about it being the worst long term i was just thinking about momentum short term with the other two results one confirms champions league football next year pretty much and the other puts us top of the league where as the draw doesn't really do either

Yeah, but eight points isn't much worse than nine to be fair...:o)

Okay, I'll make a choice instead of trying to be clever...

Choice 1: The draw.
Choice 2: Spurs win
Third Choice: United win 1-0.

lets just get the 3 points first, puts abit of pressure on the scum to win because the old whiskey soaked one wont like us been up there even with game's in hand. Then would rather have spuds take the 3 points to keep the scum below us for a while longer thus bringing more pressure on them!

Would rather see United win in all honesty. I want that top 4 spot confirmed as soon as mathematically possible, anything higher this season is just an added bonus.

ninjamonkey said:
Would rather see United win in all honesty. I want that top 4 spot confirmed as soon as mathematically possible, anything higher this season is just an added bonus.
Agreed. As much as it pains to say, it would be better to get our spot confirmed ASAP to avoid the disappointment of missing out on the title and a top 4 spot.

I'm edging on the side of caution and want us to be well rid of Spurs. We don't want an arse twitching will we, won't we, end to the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.