IF we win against wolves

ninjamonkey said:
Would rather see United win in all honesty. I want that top 4 spot confirmed as soon as mathematically possible, anything higher this season is just an added bonus.

Totally agree, we need to concentrate on getting top 3/4 (preferably 3).

Not winning the title wouldn't be a disaster, not getting CL football would. We need to get our strongest competitors for that in as weak a position as possible first, and then we can start to think about our title competitors.

Sleeping_Easy said:
Then we sit top of the premier league for the night but more importantly the game the next day can lead to one of two favourable outcomes for city and one thats not as great but still a good point.

1. United win - tottenham sit 9 points behind us and surely then our top four spot is confirmed pretty much. (i already think it is)

2. Spurs win - We sit top of the premier league for the week and we'd have to be taken seriously as title contenders by those that arn't already

or last and not as good as the other two

3. Draw - We sit joint top of the table behind only on goal difference and 8 points clear of tottenham.

Which option would you pick???

Draw always a draw

We cant win the league and there are four good reasons

Evra
Vidic
Ferdenand
Rafael

This is the best back 4 in the league and only our Vinny would be good enough to play in it in place of camel gob

Never worry about Spuds because they'll raise their game against the big teams today but will lose to the like of West Ham or Wigan the next day anyway. So Spuds win is probably my choice though.

I am astonished people would prefere a draw or a utd win. Whether you like it or not, Man City are, at this moment, in a title race. Maybe its a winning mentality thing which we hear referred to regarding our club, but for me its got to be a win for Spurs.

superwatsonwatson said:
I am astonished people would prefere a draw or a utd win. Whether you like it or not, Man City are, at this moment, in a title race. Maybe its a winning mentality thing which we hear referred to regarding our club, but for me its got to be a win for Spurs.

Quite simply CL qualification is more important than anything else - its the CL monies that will allow us to meet the FIFA fair play rules - i think we have a better chance of a top 4 than winning the prem.

Providing we win a draw does both - it keeps us in the title race and increases the gap between us and Spuds. We have alot of hard away games Rags - Chelski to name a few.

Its not about being pessamistic its about thinking logically and its no more than what Bobby did at Le Arse where he decided that a point was more mportant than a win

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.