If we win FA cup would you keep Mancini?

NipHolmes said:
Danamy said:
Another thread that's gone down the pan with petty point scoring against each other rather than a reasoned debate?

This site is going down hill rapidly, Rascal called it the other day, the level of debate has hit rock bottom.

Read the fool's posts.

Im done here, hopefully I find a like to a neutral forum with the stuff I asked.

The reason the forums gone to pot is because folk can't debate.

Some people HATE the fact that Mancini's future is even discussed. They don't want a debate. Try not to let it frustrate you mate.

Prestwich_Blue said:
If you're asking whether I'd sack Mancini for Wenger tomorrow the answer would be no.

However if you're asking me to compare them as managers, you'd have to say that it's not really comparing like with like as Mancini has had a huge budget for players whereas Wenger has a net inflow of around £35m over the same period.

But Wenger has shown he has a great eye for a bargain, has the ability to develop players once they're in the first team and has organised their academy so that many youngsters come into the first team squad seamlessly and make a huge contribution. Mancini has shown he can make established players better but hasn't shown either of the other two qualities that Wenger has.

On the down-side, Arsenal have been mentally fragile for too long whereas that's not something you could accuse a Mancini team of being. But on the other hand, there is no talk of friction in the Arsenal dressing room and Wenger knows how to play in the CL.

I think parts of the middle paragraph could be questioned in regards to the last few seasons. It's certainly something which Wenger is lauded for but realistically there aren't that many who have seamlessly joined the first team and made huge contributions. Even the Ox who started so brightly and looked like a perfect player for them has struggled recently and the idea that that he has a great eye for a bargain - again it's been a while, with the exception of Carzola this season not many jump out at me. He's certainly been guilty of a few flops in the more recent past.
I believe that Wengers star is on the wane - a truly top class manager a decade ago no doubt, but these days Not so much.

Its like the queue at Gala bingo on link night on here sometimes..Bunch of old women who want their two penneth worth..

False teeth everywhere. :)

The cookie monster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The cookie monster said:
Dave you will have a dig at anyone who disagrees with you regarding mancini
I think he's embarrassed himself enough with his wenger love in..
You talk like a child.
You are a child..
This name calling is childish and stupid. There's an interesting debate to be had here but this isn't it.

TCM - I've no personal problem with you at all but your style of posting gets up peoples' noses. It would help if, instead of being dismissive and sarcastic about what everyone else posts, you could actually post something to justify why you think Mancini is a better manager than Wenger. Not necessarily whether you'd take Wenger now (which I wouldn't) but in respect of their abilities

You need to remember the completely different financial constraints they've been operating under and compare and contrast their tactical ability, man management, player purchasing history, youth development, etc. At least then we could get an intelligent debate going.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The cookie monster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You talk like a child.
You are a child..
This name calling is childish and stupid. There's an interesting debate to be had here but this isn't it.

TCM - I've no personal problem with you at all but your style of posting gets up peoples' noses. It would help if, instead of being dismissive and sarcastic about what everyone else posts, you could actually post something to justify why you think Mancini is a better manager than Wenger. Not necessarily whether you'd take Wenger now (which I wouldn't) but in respect of their abilities

You need to remember the completely different financial constraints they've been operating under and compare and contrast their tactical ability, man management, player purchasing history, youth development, etc. At least then we could get an intelligent debate going.

I hold my hands up on that one PB, I misread it as whether you'd take Wenger now. Wenger's situation is reminding me of the end of Rafa Benitez's tenure at Liverpool.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The cookie monster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You talk like a child.
You are a child..

Fair enough
It did escalate into a slanging match so i apologize

Prestwich_Blue said:
The cookie monster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You talk like a child.
You are a child..

Wengers blind...hows that ??

Part of me wants to keep Mancini and give him another shot at the CL, no matter what happens this season (well, as long as we finish top 3)

Part of me thinks with Jose available in the summer it'd be silly not to hire arguably the worlds best manager.

And part of me wants to shake shit up by appointing Marcelo Bielsa

I think that the owners will sack Mancini anyway, since it is obvious that we're going to finish 2nd (at best) with a pts tally considerably lower than last season. I have faith in the Barca boys appointing the right man.

ElanJo said:
Part of me wants to keep Mancini and give him another shot at the CL, no matter what happens this season (well, as long as we finish top 3)

Part of me thinks with Jose available in the summer it'd be silly not to hire arguably the worlds best manager.

And part of me wants to shake shit up by appointing Marcelo Bielsa

I think that the owners will sack Mancini anyway, since it is obvious that we're going to finish 2nd (at best) with a pts tally considerably lower than last season. I have faith in the Barca boys appointing the right man.

Why ? What track record do they have ? They've appointed Pep and maybe Rijkaard (?) neither of whom have add any notable success away from Barca.

What makes anyone think these guys have any special insight into what kind of a manager is needed to succeed at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.