If/when we sign Dzeko

Anyone else hear Redknapp going on about Dzeko after the game yesterday on talkshite?
Saying he's not worth the 30m we are going to pay.

Shooter 83 said:
Anyone else hear Redknapp going on about Dzeko after the game yesterday on talkshite?
Harry rent-a-quote Redknapp says a lot of things. Mostly bullshit.

Shooter 83 said:

The sooner 'arry gets the England job the better. His media bumchums will soon tire of him when England capitulate against inferior johnny foreigner types as per.

I would like to see him sign for my Juve, but if you get him...you will have the best attacking department in Europe.
Tevez-Dzeko-Balotelli and Silva behind them, it's crazy. Next year CL will be hard as hell.

Good luck btw.

I think the £30 million quote is a bit extreme for a player. I feel this is a risky buy if I am honest. He wont be a hit straight away he will need time to settle in the league. To think we bought JB and got him for a reasonable price but what is quoted is too much. I would hope we would try and move Rocky out in any deal get him back to Germany. Then hope there is some interest in Ade from somewhere be it Spain or Italy but I feel we are getting rid of Ade too soon if he is going to go in this window.

Can anyone help me with how Dzeko's name is pronounced? To date, I have heard (phonetically) Dekko, Jecko, Zeko etc.

If we do get him then I am pretty pleased with that because it does give us a different dimension (i.e. a plan B if needed). Also, City fans are wondering who is going to drop out etc for him but it really now is a squad and rotation game. If we do well in Europe and have a half decent FA Cup run (say 4 games) the you are looking at around 38PL games, 4 FA Cup games, maybe 12 Europe games, not to forget the league Cup which makes possibly 55+ games a season. So, if a player plays just over half of these games then it is virtually 30 games which is not far off a full league campaign.

Plus we need reliable cover for injuries and I suspect it may take Dzekothe rest of this season to gte used to things which is a luxary some of the other signings have not had.

It's pronounced "Je-ko" with an elongated E. This is Bosnian commentary:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1uck8UC9pU[/youtube]

I forgot how much I hated bosnian commentators, whoa.

It sounds like he's yelling down a 2€ mic from his local supermarket.

Also, I find it pretty amusing how a bunch of eastern europeans started showing up here on the forums after the Dzeko rumours got serious.

NinoK said:

He's not very typical for an ex Yugoslav commentator. In fact, he's said he grew up imitating the Turkish commentators, which is a very different style. He's not my favorite either, but to each his own.

NinoK said:

Also, I find it pretty amusing how a bunch of eastern europeans started showing up here on the forums after the Dzeko rumours got serious.

How come you joined then? Can't imagine there being many city fans in Slovenia either...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.