IF Yaya was to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Stranger said:
Unless we find a suitable replacment, Milner. He said he likes playing in CM. He Ferd and if we bring in Fernando can be a rotating 3 in the CM. We would be a little more defensive mind you, but maybe we'd be good on the counter attack. I don't like the idea of Nasri much. Not as good at defending and I've seen him give away the ball deep in the midfield quite a few times.
Ok but only if we also replace Sergio with Grant Holt,FFS.

Carvalho for me !

Arturo Vidal would be great in the Premier League and is one of the few 'complete' midfielders who can stand side by side with Yaya, IMO.

He would provide plenty of goals and assists from midfield and is better at tackling and pressing than Yaya. He can't dictate the game from midfield in the same way Yaya can, but we'd cope with that, especially if Fernando (good at recycling possession and passing accurately) plays.

I really hope Yaya stays, though. The years of chemistry he's built up with these players would be sorely missed, at least for one season.

LC is that the Vidal from Juventus - if it is we have no chance, if he ever expressed a wish to leave there would be a stampede for his signature and we would get mowed down in the rush. :-)

LoveCity said:
Arturo Vidal would be great in the Premier League and is one of the few 'complete' midfielders who can stand side by side with Yaya, IMO.

He would provide plenty of goals and assists from midfield and is better at tackling and pressing than Yaya. He can't dictate the game from midfield in the same way Yaya can, but we'd cope with that, especially if Fernando (good at recycling possession and passing accurately) plays.

I really hope Yaya stays, though. The years of chemistry he's built up with these players would be sorely missed, at least for one season.

Vidal without question is a world class box to box midfilder and probably would be apt choice to replace Yaya atm for most but Vidal is not as good as Yaya on the ball. We all know how important Yaya's controlling style of play/passing is to our football. IMO Any player replacing Yaya should foremost be excellent on the ball and MUST have brilliant playmaking skills. Pogba has shown glimpses of it but clearly its too early for him to replace Yaya. That's the reason i would want Kroos or Martinez if by any chance Yaya is sold.

Personally think we need 2 from Fernando Barkley fabregas and isco.
If yaya was to go then I think we should go for three of them.
Add a back up keeper,Sagna and a centre half and we are good to go again.

Michael Bradley is a good shout to replace Rodwell or Yaya if one or the other goes. Great passer, up and down the field all game long and he can score a few goals too. He'd also be cheap considering no one seems to rate American players. Was one of the best players in Serie A before he went to Roma.

26 years old, soon to be captain of the U.S. National Team. He can dictate play with the best of them and is one of the smartest players you'll watch. He's got great work ethic and he seems to be a great teammate.

Seems like an ideal backup to either Yaya or Fernandinho and he'd be a lot cheaper than Fernando. I also feel like Fernando is a little overhyped for what he is (a limited defensive midfielder in the mold of Nigel De Jong.)

Plus all the shirt sales from him being the first american to play for a huge club with the chance to win the most prestigious of trophies. Watch this guy during the world cup, he'll surprise you.

BobbyQ90 said:
Michael Bradley is a good shout to replace Rodwell or Yaya if one or the other goes. Great passer, up and down the field all game long and he can score a few goals too. He'd also be cheap considering no one seems to rate American players. Was one of the best players in Serie A before he went to Roma.

26 years old, soon to be captain of the U.S. National Team. He can dictate play with the best of them and is one of the smartest players you'll watch. He's got great work ethic and he seems to be a great teammate.

Seems like an ideal backup to either Yaya or Fernandinho and he'd be a lot cheaper than Fernando. I also feel like Fernando is a little overhyped for what he is (a limited defensive midfielder in the mold of Nigel De Jong.)

Plus all the shirt sales from him being the first american to play for a huge club with the chance to win the most prestigious of trophies. Watch this guy during the world cup, he'll surprise you.

Someone evidently does...

daily mail saying schweinsteiger available for 10 mil. if he's available at all it'd be tempting for me, even without the birthday nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.