If You Can't Beat Em Join Em

Messi doesn't cheat

If we dived, we wouldn't get the decisions anyway. Refs give them the decisions because they are a bigger institution than City and they are in awe of them

The one time i happened in the tie, Navas in the first leg, he didn;t get the foul and that moment pretty much decided the tie.

if we have to stoop to barcelonas level to win trophies , i would rather endure mid table mediocrity , and have pride in my club and players . Everytime a city player gave a foul away , they were asking for bookings and even a sending off for vinny , when the big girls blouse neymar , crumpled in a heap , But its nothing new , spanish , italians , germans have done this for decades , they wont change , its win at any cost , they have never had any conscience or pride , they are lauded for their cheating by their gloryhunting customers , Theirs a nasty stench about the champs league , its run by a corrupt uefa , who only have the interests of a dozen clubs , and they dont want upsarts like city joining their elite.

Falastur said:
Eccles Blue said:
salfordblue-tony2 said:
And get beat with 10 men every time we play in europe.

At least we'd have our pride and that is more than those cheating divers will have.

I'm not seeing any pride amongst our fans right now.

Have a look at the post match thread plus Vincent Kompany's Facebook page then. I was very proud of our team & our fans tonight.

Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe the rest of the world actually thinks that football is a game for the skillful players rather than Gladiators?
Maybe if English football placed more emphasis on "football players" rather than brave lads who will can pass for rugby players its clubs will get less reds in europe and its national team might actually win something.
Like it or not football is not about the Kompanys of this world(the lad is good), it is about the Silva's, Messi's and Iniesta's.
And the Premiership is not the best league(last 2 weeks has shown that). It is the best marketed league.
Keep in mind that by the end of the quaters all 3 spanish teams would have won home and away ties.

If UEFA ever want to know why the Premier League is the most watched league and therefore the richest they have to look at the referees

People like to watch a game with tempo, an ebb and flow, but in Europe that is not allowed to happen because the moment a player goes down especially from one the Euro elite a foul is given

It makes the game stop start and to be honest boring I appreciate worldwide people want to watch UCL but I'd much rather watch an English league game

Falastur said:
Eccles Blue said:
salfordblue-tony2 said:
And get beat with 10 men every time we play in europe.

At least we'd have our pride and that is more than those cheating divers will have.

I'm not seeing any pride amongst our fans right now.

Then your not looking.

I say keep your pride, if they want to dive and send footy down that route then so be it but shame on them and those who allow it.

oye said:
Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe the rest of the world actually thinks that football is a game for the skillful players rather than Gladiators?
Maybe if English football placed more emphasis on "football players" rather than brave lads who will can pass for rugby players its clubs will get less reds in europe and its national team might actually win something.
Like it or not football is not about the Kompanys of this world(the lad is good), it is about the Silva's, Messi's and Iniesta's.
And the Premiership is not the best league(last 2 weeks has shown that). It is the best marketed league.
Keep in mind that by the end of the quaters all 3 spanish teams would have won home and away ties.

What skill is involved in falling to the floor at the slightest touch? The players you mentioned Messi, Silva,stayed on their feet last night and let their skills do the talking, so it doesn't have to be part of any players game, certain players just choose to do it. For me you lose your argument of your wonderful skilful game compared to the Premier league when it is used to con a Ref. How many times were players fairly dispossessed of the ball only to fall to the floor. It became comical. We may have a lot to learn but the most obvious thing seems to be if you lose the ball fall to floor writhing in agony.

As for your snobbery about the Premier League, it may be the best branded but that cannot make people watch and how people across the world do watch in there numbers, surely all those football fans can't be wrong!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.