If you could go on an all dayer with a footballer....

waterloo blue said:
Charlie George,Peter Osgood,Jim Baxter and Jimmy Johnston.
I know they're all dead but they would be more interesting than 99% of players around today.No Best, as I saw him drunk in a pub called the Anglesey in Chelsea and he was an arsehole to the bar staff.
Think Charlie George is still alive and kicking mate.
I would have to say Jimmy Bullard

Pigeonho said:
(or ex-footballer) Who would it be and why?

I was asked this on Xmas Eve and with no hesitation I said Peter Reid. Going off some of his interviews when being a pundit, I think he's funny as fuck and a day on the piss with him would be top notch.

Anymore for anymore?
I remember seeing a young looking Peter Reid at Cartmel races. Must have been late seventies ? (He was still with Bolton at the time) Any road he was neckin champagne from the bottle and seemed to be having a good time, haha, c'ant get away with it today with mobile cams etc.

Ended up going on the piss with Kevin Horlock after we beat Blackburn to get promoted. Me, him, his brother & his mate retired back to the minibar in his dads hotel room about 5.00 a.m. before all crashing out on the floor.

Rest of the players (Dickov, Weikens, etc) were pretty well behaved as their wives were in tow. Didn't bother Super Kev. He was well up for it.

Remember him getting pissed off when some waiter tried palming a bar tab on him. He literally ate the bill right in front of him. Which was funny as fuck, seeing as it was about the size of an A5 envelope.

Both he and his missus were very genuine and friendly people btw.

daveduke67 said:
stonerblue said:
HaHa no mate. Him and Robson used to have a stake in a club i used to go too and they'd be pissed at the bar most Saturday nights.

Must be Bennys!! Reid had an interest in the Gay Willows in Clifton if I remember rightly.

Only went to Bennys twice - propositioned by a prostitute on first occassion and left early on last one as there were more people in the outward bound taxi queue than there was in the club at midnight !!

spot on dave. Little gem of a place that was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.