If you could live your life in a different era...

Not my whole life but i would quite liked to have had my formative teenage years (so 15-19) to have been in the late 80's early 90's to coincide with the start of the rave scene the Hacienda and all that jazz.

1950's California sounds cool. Wouldn't mind that except they still had the draft.

I wouldn't mind late 1970's California where I would invest in something called Microsoft.

I'd have loved to have been around the Left Bank in Paris between the two world wars. Sitting around smoking gauloises, drinking absinthe and talking bollix.
Fabulous Darling....

This is a rather strange thread for me because I am actually from another era, the future, and I have just nipped back to tell you it is brilliant- Aside fom the rise and rise of Manchester City I am sat here watching a re run of yesterdays Derby (City v Hyde) and laughing at the rags in the Southern Conference league as they lose to Crawley Town. (their franchise moved them south in 2015)

de niro said:
kippaxwarrior said:
The Tudor age has always fascinated me Henry VIII, Elizabeth I
Full of war,murder,backstabbing,sex and invention, would of been of been a fun time to live in i think!!
Also The Norman time would of been interesting to see how William the Conqueror turned England from a pretty poor country into one of the great power houses of Europe in less than 20 years

absolutly this.

Nah, all the women would stink, they'd have hair everywhere, and their teeth and breath would be fucked. Give me a time where toothpaste, soap and leg shaving were the norm.

black mamba said:
mcfcfaz said:
Id be a hippie,in america around the mid 60s,peace man.

Yeah , i think the sixties was a fantastic era ...

i was only in my 'nipper' years back them .... but it could have been so much more fun if i'd been a happy and carefree teenager!.

Well I was, and going by my own experiences the 1960's was, without any doubt, the best era to be in. I was in a mixed grammar school in my mid teens, surrounded by luscious girls, parties every night, with mind blowing ground breaking music happening almost daily. Leaving school to sign on the dole was totally unheard of, I only got a few 'O' levels, but the opportunities were phenomenal, all my mates left secondary schools and immediately found work as apprentice plumbers, joiners etc; no fucker, apart from total scrotes was on the dole. Foreign travel boomed, the number of pubs/clubs you could go to and see world class artists, ( I've seen The Stones in Warrington, The Small Faces, the Kinks, numerous Soul stars, Ben E King of Drifters fame, early Peter Green and Fleetwood Mack, and many others), was amazing, these artists were all over the North West.
Don't get me wrong, jobs didn't always pay very well, but jobs were plentiful.
You could tear arse around in shagged out Mini Coopers and Triumph spitfires pissed up,
(I know,I know) and the only thing you worried about was if the last bird you shagged was up the spout.
Fucking happy days and no doubt.

Ammy said:
I'd have loved to have been around the Left Bank in Paris between the two world wars. Sitting around smoking gauloises, drinking absinthe and talking bollix.
Fabulous Darling....

I can picture the scene, you in an Elsa Schiaparelli number with a Lily Dache hat trimmed with an antelope leather bow in "Pernod green, apple blossom pink, mimosa yellow or carnation blush" and a handbag to match the bow. Myself in a Londo drape suit designed by Frederick Scholte, tailor to the Prince of Wales, topped off with Fedora tipped at a rakish angle

The cafe bar would be an Art Deco masterpiece and after drinks we could go and see the legendary Lucienne Boyer, the French cabaret singer who reigned as queen of Paris nightlife during the 1930s

Fabulous darling

You have to pay though im skint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.