If you could live your life in a different era...

xenon_ said:
An era some time after this one. I'm dreaming resource-based economy, Human race = one race, every creature equal, ideals fully caught up to technology... shit, that really would be something

No sense of community or individual ideas of love? Even technology can't eradicate human nature.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
xenon_ said:
An era some time after this one. I'm dreaming resource-based economy, Human race = one race, every creature equal, ideals fully caught up to technology... shit, that really would be something

No sense of community or individual ideas of love? Even technology can't eradicate human nature.

That wouldn't necessarily be a symptom of what I'm saying. Technology is part of nature too and human nature is so vague a definition these days, I mean, some people only consider a couple thousand years as human nature, some consider two and a half million years as such, some consider human nature to be emergent and ever-changing. And community isn't defined by it's size. As for love, (and the point we clashed on in the other thread,) well, such things I feel can only be discussed at length and face to face. We'd still probably disagree but that's fine, we just won't get anywhere on a forum

In the future when we have time travel and immortality. I could then try any era I like. I'd go back to see who Jesus really was, ride a T-Rex and I'd definitely fart in Hitler's face at least 8 times.

Why does everyone want to be a Teen again? I'm 19 and can't wait to be about 25. I don't know one cool teenager, we all just get bullied on nights out by people in their mid/late-twenties.

I wouldn't to be honest. I love Technology and at the rate we're progressing I can't wait to see what comes next, I wouldn't even jump to the future because it would ruin the surprise.

For the music the 80's. In terms of culture, like mentioned american culture of the 50's etc would be fascinating.

I always think though that if you live in that time, you never appreciate it as much as you would looking at it as someone who had not lived in that time period.
Everything is more interesting from the outside looking in.

mcfcfaz said:
Id be a hippie,in america around the mid 60s,peace man.

Yeah , i think the sixties was a fantastic era ...

i was only in my 'nipper' years back them .... but it could have been so much more fun if i'd been a happy and carefree teenager!.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.