If you didn't support City, who would you support?

The thought of no City is horrible, but personally I'd probably just concentrate on Rangers, whilst having a soft spot for Woodley Sports.

Rochdale for me (go quite a few times a season) But ive always had a soft spot for tottenham... until recently obviously. its just turned to bitterness now! haha

Burnage Burnsy said:
Huddersfield Town for me too. My Dad from there and he supports them. Been to over 100 Town games in my life.

If I lived in London it would be West Ham.
If I lived in the West Midlands it would be Wolves
If I lived in East Midlands it would be Forest.
If I lived in NE it would be the bar codes
If I lived in Scotland it would be Dunfermline (Family connections)
If I lived in Wales it would be Newport (Family connections)
If I lived in Liverpool I would be out mugging and buying smack with my profits on a Saturday afternoon.

Gloryhunter lol.
Bar codes for me too. (Even if i lived in london) lol ;)

It's a reply to a different question (I suppose) but I've stood with the home supporters of the following clubs on at least one occasion:

Everton (my head hangs in shame but they are actually a great bunch)
Blackpool (when I went to visit my Grandma)
Stockport (it wasn't my idea)
Bristol Rovers (local side and I was not sober)

All in the interests of research you understand.

Thank God I've got that off my chest. I definitely cannot be considered a gloryhunter.

This is a tricky one to answer because the question's tricky.

If, for some bizarre reason, City ceased to exist then I suspect most City fans would stop taking an active interest in going to watch football, but would watch the odd game. The minority would adopt another club, either one they've already got a soft spot for or a new one influenced by family, friends, location etc.

However - and this is a big however - had City never existed, then in all likelihood many current City fans would be rags, despite the protestations that this could and would never happen. Many of us support City because they are our home-town team. However, the argument that the rags don't play in Manchester only perpetuates because there is a rival club to make a comparison with and so would never have arisen. Therefore, it would seem pefectly natural to support the rags as the nearest major club to Manchester.

Thank God for City then!

(TSV 1860 München for me BTW.)

meeesh said:
Chorley FC

Its between Chorley and Southport for me. I work in Chorley and go now and again. Southport because most of my local pubs footy fans have adopted them as our collective team, usually go to watch them or Chorley when our teams don`t play.

BTH said:
This is a tricky one to answer because the question's tricky.

If, for some bizarre reason, City ceased to exist then I suspect most City fans would stop taking an active interest in going to watch football, but would watch the odd game. The minority would adopt another club, either one they've already got a soft spot for or a new one influenced by family, friends, location etc.

However - and this is a big however - had City never existed, then in all likelihood many current City fans would be rags, despite the protestations that this could and would never happen. Many of us support City because they are our home-town team. However, the argument that the rags don't play in Manchester only perpetuates because there is a rival club to make a comparison with and so would never have arisen. Therefore, it would seem pefectly natural to support the rags as the nearest major club to Manchester.

Thank God for City then!

(TSV 1860 München for me BTW.)

It's more the fact that United have no moral backbone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.