If you had a choice....

Henkeman said:
Bollocks to that. I choose owning United and driving them into the Northern Premier League and doing the full Vincent Tan, changing their kit, and probably name.

Excellent, I can picture the first game of the new season now...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the Wanker-Dome, lets give it up for your team, the STRETFORD THUNDERCUNTS"

*claps

ifiwasarichfan said:
I would like to play but only a couple of sub appearances and Carling cup matches. Then I could drift on a free transfer to Bury where if I worked hard I could have a decentish career until I was just turned thirty.

I do like to aim low in life it prevents disappointments.

I'm with you on this, I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure of matching the standards of Silva, Aguero, Kompany, et al.

But I'd have to score at some point. And probably at Maine Road if I had the choice. So in my lifetime of watching us there I'll go for the battling qualities of Royle's second promotion. I'll take Dickov's goals from that season (they were all in May, right...?).

In fact, scrap the Maine Road part - just the fourth goal in our promotion at Ewood Park. Great day to be a blue and it felt like we were playing at home anyway. I can't say Gillingham because I wasn't much use to anyone from the moment they made it 2-0.

I used to always dream about playing, but got a dodgy knee so think I might have to move into management and lead city to the EC. If only the Sheik would see my potential..

Imagine though if you were good enough to be a pro and you actually signed for City - all you boyhood dreams have come true.. only for all the fans to slag you off and boo you.

A bit like what happend to Jon Macken. I met his Dad hid dad once and he's a big blue,

Playing for me. Don't think you would get the same buzz as a owner or manager and the pressure as a manager these days means you wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy the role for the fear of getting sacked.

Carstairs said:
Henkeman said:
Bollocks to that. I choose owning United and driving them into the Northern Premier League and doing the full Vincent Tan, changing their kit, and probably name.

Excellent, I can picture the first game of the new season now...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the Wanker-Dome, lets give it up for your team, the STRETFORD c**t"

*claps

Ha, I like changing their kit colours. Imagine making them dress up like parrots or something, coming out in a kit that was green and yellow.

Their tosser fans would then have to wear stupid green and yellow scarves. Imagine how much of a dickhead they would look, turning up in a green and yellow scarf to support a team that traditionally played in red.

What?

Oh...

gordondaviesmoustache said:
.....between playing for, managing or owning City during a period of success, which would it be?

For me, unusually I expect, I would pick owning the club, because it appeals to my sense of narcissistic egomania.

Not everyone has the same issues as me, however.

Which would you choose and why?

If you were one of these, GDM, you would choose, as I would, to be player/manager/owner!

Think I'd like to be the owner who happens to be the manager and team captain. I'd probably substitute myself in at the 90th minute of every victory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.