If You Knew Somebody Was Going To Take Your Job, Would You..

jrb

give a f***? Be honest.

Watched Ball on the pitch while Bridge was being paraded to the crowd and his body language
said it all. Probably sums up the rest of the players who know they are going to lose their first team place or know they have no future at the club.

If I knew somebody was coming to replace me at work, I probably wouldn't give a f***, knowing I had no future.

Just a thought.

Well if you know someone's going to take over your job, it'll be because they're better than you. In which case, it's for the best.

However, if I knew that someone else was coming in to do the same job as me, then I'd be working harder and doing some serious ass-kissing. I see none of that at the moment!

i said this to de niro earlier on the phone

i've been in that position and done exactly what your getting at....i thought, wtf should i teach this gimp to do my job so he can replace me

They have had the opportunity to show they don't need replacing
and failed miserably.

jrb said:
give a f***? Be honest.

Watched Ball on the pitch while Bridge was being paraded to the crowd and his body language
said it all. Probably sums up the rest of the players who know they are going to lose their first team place or know they have no future at the club.

If I knew somebody was coming to replace me at work, I probably wouldn't give a f***, knowing I had no future.

Just a thought.

I WOULD GIVE A FUCK.

Yeah.. maybe have to play second fiddle for a while but players should have pride and try their best..
the trouble is they are shite in any situation..

Personally I think the whole way this transfer window is being handled is bad management style.

I think Hughes' "mistake" here was that he probably was too honest about the whole thing and the players figured out who is going to play a part in the future plans and who is not.

It's a shame that the players react like this, but also understandable.

would you not try your hardest because ;
1. You might want someone else to buy you
2. You might want to prove the Mgr wrong
3. You might have a shred of professionalism and pride in what you do

CorporateBlue said:

Agree. You'd showcase yourself for other teams to see. If I wasn't in the public eye different story.

CorporateBlue said:

110% agree. I appreciate footballer's aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer but wouldn't you think they'd want someone else to offer them the stupid money they earn? How does playing badly get them anywhere but the Championship at best?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.