If you thought you had read poor journalism before

fbloke said:
I believe this is Alan Green of 606 fame reporting spurious drivel as fact.

Please be warned reading this article may cause food to be spat on you screen.

I struggle with Manchester City. While presenting 6-0-6 on Saturday night I read out the comments of a City fan 'Londis' who'd posted a message on Facebook: "This is the worst day of my life." He/ she was reflecting on the derby defeat by United as well as the Spurs' victory over Chelsea, that radically lessened City's chances of qualifying for the Champions League.
It was a ludicrous exaggeration. Are City fans so caught up in the club's new-found wealth that they've blindly bought into the vision propagated by the likes of Garry Cook?

I saw the Chief Executive walk into Eastlands on Saturday in the company of an obvious bodyguard but still smiling all around him as if he's the centre of attention.

Cook proclaims City's proposed pre-season tour of the United States this summer as reflecting "the support there is for us in America" and how it reaches out to "the existing Blues fans across the world" -- their 'tens' I would suggest. He is preposterous.

I've always really liked City but they're rapidly transforming from being one of the country's best loved clubs into the one that's most hated: worse than Chelsea under Abramovic and that's saying something.

Open your paper, listen to the radio or, if you can stand the constant gossiping, switch on to Sky Sports News: City are 'linked' with every player under the sun.

'X' is your best player: bet City are prepared to pay him oodles more than he's worth, and not necessarily to enhance their team, as much to weaken yours. It borders on the immoral.

Amongst the latest gossip was that concerning Joe Cole.

I can certainly believe that City are prepared to pay him Pounds 200,000 a week but, tell me, in just whose mind is he remotely worth it?

City have already collected an obvious bunch of mercenaries: Toure, Barry, Bellamy, Tevez, and Adebayor amongst them. And they're mostly 'expendable'.

In a quiet moment I ran my eye down the City team during Saturday's derby and wondered who might be first choice next season. I settled on four: Given (if they haven't paid a ludicrous amount to Juventus for Buffon), Bridge, Barry and Tevez.

And who'd be spending this money? Roberto Mancini who (perhaps he appealed as more of a fashion item) quite unnecessarily replaced Mark Hughes? Before the United game he said this was "the most important (run-in) in the club's history": afterwards he said, as rashly as Benitez, "we'll finish fourth."

They may do but after the fantastic week they've had (that's if you only start counting AFTER last Sunday) my money would be on Spurs.

But, if it's City, count on them spending money as if there is no tomorrow, blasting every other club out of the water. And then ask yourself this question: if the top of the Premier League is self- perpetuating, wouldn't you rather the monopoly was challenged by a club that had history and sound management, rather than one built solely on money?

Oh, and Mancini, you'll be out that revolving Eastlands door if you don't finish fourth. Beware the madness that is Manchester City.

I think it is high time for that fat arsed moron to be banned from the revolving door in case he gets wedged and we have to call on GM Fire and Rescue, and waste more of my poll tax money. Gary Cook get this turd banned from Sports City. Write to the BBC and tell them his odious presence is no longer welcome, if ever it was.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:49 pm --<br /><br />
KentBlue said:
I want to fry his foreskin
I want to toast his testicles
I want to boil his bollocks
I want to grill his groin
I want to roast his rectum
I want to parboil his penis
I want to steam his scrotum
I want to mash his manhood

You are being far too gentle KentBlue

So will he be saying the same if someone comes up with the £600m that is being said will be needed to buy and transform Liverpool.........bet not!
What's the difference?
Villa & Spurs have spent a fortune in recent years.
I'd hold my hands up and admit it if it were true and say so what!
The same muppets are having a go at Wenger for not spending money.
Stupid cnuts!

Would the club be willing to ban a reporter if the fans protested I wonder?

As we are part of the club then surely our views on allowing this ego-centric fantasist to attend at COMS or not need be weighed?

This will wind you all up as well

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/money-buys-city-neither-love-nor-class/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/money-buys- ... nor-class/</a>

Every day, when I wake up, I yawn, scratch my spuds and bask in the dawning realisation that (a) I am not an arrogant, obnoxious rag, and (b) I am not Alan Green. And that, my friends, is a victory sweeter than any last minute Derby winner or massed chorus of a camp show tune

He's my most hated commentator, and will turn off the radio when i hear his fucking horrible voice.

Disputes
Green is known for his outspoken views which occasionally places him in dispute with football clubs, figures and authorities. He has an ongoing "feud" with Sir Alex Ferguson, the manager of Manchester United, and the pair have not spoken for years. Green said in an interview[5] that the feud dates back to an incident in which he said on air that he was "learning not to believe the propaganda that comes out of the Manchester United manager's office" after he claims he had been given inaccurate team news by Ferguson before a game. In the same interview Green defends his professional impartiality: "I'm supposed to hate Man United, but listen to my commentary on the 1999 European Cup final in Barcelona and try telling me I hate Man United. It's garbage."

In February 2006, Green was banned from the Reebok Stadium (home of Bolton Wanderers) after accusing the team and its manager Sam Allardyce of playing "ugly" football which he wouldn't pay to watch. Following Allardyce's departure to Newcastle United, the club and replacement manager Sammy Lee invited Green back.[6]

In 2005, Green had a dispute with Everton fans, with an article he wrote for the Irish Examiner entitled Wake up and smell the coffee, David! [7] The article, suggesting the club manager David Moyes should be 'dampening expectations, not feeding them', after finishing in 4th place - ahead of Liverpool- in the previous season. Green even received death threats over the article[5].

Green is reported to have had an ongoing rift with former fellow BBC broadcaster Mark Saggers, that surfaced in on-air exchanges. The Guardian cites an occasion in which Green refused to share a flight with Saggers on the way to cover England's World Cup 2010 qualifier against Belarus in Minsk, 2008. Saggers left the BBC to join rival Talksport at the end of the 2008/9 English Football Season.[8]

Complaints
Green was censured by Ofcom in October 2004 after he made a comment deemed in breach of the regulator's Code on Standards live on-air about Manchester United's Cameroonian midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba, implying he may be speaking pidgin English with the referee[9][10].

He had previously described Manchester City's Chinese defender Sun Jihai as wearing shirt "Number 17 -- that'll be the Chicken Chow Mein, then" during a live radio broadcast.[11]

In January 2007, Green was again in hot water on Merseyside over comments made on Five Live during the Everton v Reading match at Goodison Park. Film star Sylvester Stallone was paraded on the pitch, and Green quipped as to whether Stallone's limousine would still have wheels when he returned to it. This prompted an official complaint to the BBC by Liverpool City Council, upset at his stereotypical views about the city being a hotbed of car crime.[12]

Green is one of the few people in the world who manages to make Ferguson look almost reasonable.

He's universally detested in football.

And how he's still got a job at the BBC of all places-the traditional spiritual home of "sitting on the fence"- baffles me.

So how can a man so unpopular with fellow broadcasters and fans of most (if not all) clubs, who acts with such low levels of professionalism that it borders in racism be allowed to work for the BBC which is publicly funded?

It makes you wonder where the fans of his are from.

Is he perhaps being kept on air by the BNP?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.