If you were Messi, Rooney or.......

AntMcfc said:
You lot make me fucking sick. Rooney's not even close to being one of the world's top players, let alone on Messi and Ronaldo's level hahaha. Jesus Christ, some of you need to try watching a few games before you start commenting on who rivals this great, English prodigy.

And if you offered me Rooney for 40m I most certainly would not take it, much better players could be purchased for the same price i.e. Villa, Ribery.

Pathetic comment. So Rooney is not currently up there with Drogba? And by the top players, Ronaldo and Messi aside, with whom are you referring to?

Mattyc55 said:
AntMcfc said:
You lot make me fucking sick. Rooney's not even close to being one of the world's top players, let alone on Messi and Ronaldo's level hahaha. Jesus Christ, some of you need to try watching a few games before you start commenting on who rivals this great, English prodigy.

And if you offered me Rooney for 40m I most certainly would not take it, much better players could be purchased for the same price i.e. Villa, Ribery.

Pathetic comment. So Rooney is not currently up there with Drogba? And by the top players, Ronaldo and Messi aside, with whom are you referring to?

I think if Rooney played for Chelsea or Arsenal and was in the same form, hardly any of the negative comments would exist. Some people simply fail when it comes to letting go of their hatred of united to acknowledge a class player. That shot Rooney had against us at COMS int he first leg, the one near the end which he twisted round 2 defenders and then out of nothing got his shot away with the outside of his boot, THAT is class and its as simple as that.

To be honest, maybe not players of that talent but when you think about it, we signed 2 players in the summer who would be classed as being comfortably somewhere in the level below world class, in Adebayor and Tevez, and that was after finishing 10th.

Messi won't leave Barca whilst Iniesta and Xavi are at their peak, because elsewhere he wouldn't be as good. Certainly not in England, if his record against English teams for Barca is anything to go by.

Iniesta and Xavi and just the way the Barca boys play, plays a huge part in Messi being as good as he is. They provide him with a platform to excel on. That platform is missing with the national team which is why he isn't as good for Argentina, and i think it would be a similar story if he was to move from Barca.

So yeah, i think the CL would obviously appeal to a wider range of players, but even if we finish 5th, i'd fancy our chances at signing a couple of top players. I mean, we came quite close to signing Kaka in a time where were only a handful of points off the relegation places.

Pigeonho said:
Mattyc55 said:

I think if Rooney played for Chelsea or Arsenal and was in the same form, hardly any of the negative comments would exist. Some people simply fail when it comes to letting go of their hatred of united to acknowledge a class player. That shot Rooney had against us at COMS int he first leg, the one near the end which he twisted round 2 defenders and then out of nothing got his shot away with the outside of his boot, THAT is class and its as simple as that.

The same was said for Ronaldo, now that hes at Madrid its as if everyone is aware that he could be one of the best footballers ever, never mind this generation. Rooney has been a right little arsehole at times during his Rag career, but he seems to have calmed down a little (whilst not losing that bite to his game) and he really has improved aspects of his game over the past season. Whilst Rooney has a much better first touch than Carlos, I dont believe there is much in it though, and I firmly believe that BOTH players are up there with the worlds elite, and not one team wouldnt take either of them except maybe the team that possesses the better one (United never showed enough urgency to sign him). Rooney truly is breathtaking to watch at the moment, and its a credit to the rags that when such an "irreplaceable" player leaves (a la Ronaldo, VanHorse et al), someone always steps up to take the mantle. That United side I watched last night is by no means a fantastic one, but theyre coming into some good form and most of it is down to him carrying them. I counted about 3/4 chances last night, and Rooney put his two away. I love watching Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and co, but to say Rooney is not a joy to watch at the moment, from merely a footballing persepective, is quite sad.

No. Top class players wont sign for us unless we have a top class manager like Jose...Mancini has got less pulling power for top players than MH had & because their careers are so short their not going to take a punt on City until their at the end of their careers like Viera, who I didn't see complete one good pass & constantly had the ball robbed off him every time he got it against Stoke...very poor, considering he's getting paid £10mill for his contract period!! If this is Mancini's 'eye' for a player, then we're in the sh!t!!

ono said:
To be honest, maybe not players of that talent but when you think about it, we signed 2 players in the summer who would be classed as being comfortably somewhere in the level below world class, in Adebayor and Tevez, and that was after finishing 10th.

Messi won't leave Barca whilst Iniesta and Xavi are at their peak, because elsewhere he wouldn't be as good. Certainly not in England, if his record against English teams for Barca is anything to go by.

Iniesta and Xavi and just the way the Barca boys play, plays a huge part in Messi being as good as he is. They provide him with a platform to excel on. That platform is missing with the national team which is why he isn't as good for Argentina, and i think it would be a similar story if he was to move from Barca.

So yeah, i think the CL would obviously appeal to a wider range of players, but even if we finish 5th, i'd fancy our chances at signing a couple of top players. I mean, we came quite close to signing Kaka in a time where were only a handful of points off the relegation places.

Messi has got a 255million euro buy out clause on his contract & no one is that stupid to pay that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.