If you were offered a job by another PL club...

Thinking about Omar Berrada, if you were offered a job doing whatever it is you do, by a PL club other than City, would you consider it?
It depends on the context; how useless, ineffective and disposable am I? Am I a minnow in a giant lake?

To get it into context he is an employee not a fan therefore I see no problem if he wants to switch.
Exactly. I don’t get why there is such a big deal about this situation. He’s basically been offered a promotion with a lot more money I would assume.

That question has me thinking about how fast things went downhill for the rags.

As a business, if you limit your pool of talent in the hiring process, to fans of your club, or worse still, people with connections to the club. In any type of business, you'll probably be at a disadvantage compared to organisations who are only concerned with getting the very best they can find for every role. How fitting would it be, if they were undone by their own billy big bollocks arrogance. Trouble is, they could have got it drastically wrong for 20 years and they'd still be a safe PL club, able to call themselves big etc... Would that be normal in any other business sector? It wouldn't have been in the old days of English football. But there is no protectionism at play in football, some will tell us...

Yes, if they paid me the right amount, I would do it. I've done some work for two non-PL clubs. My love for the sport and City is totally detached from that work - it really makes no difference to me which club it is, it's a job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.