if your wtchn on the tv your a ****

whalleystrange said:
For my part I think too many fans have let the team and the club down.

All I hear are fans banging on about how important it is to be playing in Europe. That European football is the be-all and end-all. If your club's not playing in Europe you can't attract top players and so on and so on.

So City qualify for Europe (albeit via a snide fair play route) and thousands can't be bothered to turn up!!! I could understand this in the early rounds and perhaps even the group stage but we're in the last few rounds now.

The tickets are, in my view, reasonably priced and have been throughout the competition.

We were eliminated in round 1 of the other two cup comps so there's been no shelling out for Carling Cup or FA Cup runs.

This is only our second season in European competition in how many decades? Nobody's been spending a fortune on going to Euro games in the recent past so there's another excuse out.

Many of the excuses I've read on here are just lame. Like the standard Teletext-United 'fan' excuses that "I would go to OT but it's so hard to get a ticket" - they're bollocks.

If you don't want to come, then fine but when the club isn't playing European football, don't moan about it because you'll have no right to.
mate thank you! could not have put it better myself! absolutley spot on

ConnorMCFC said:
whalleystrange said:

All I hear are fans banging on about how important it is to be playing in Europe. That European football is the be-all and end-all. If your club's not playing in Europe you can't attract top players and so on and so on.

So City qualify for Europe (albeit via a snide fair play route) and thousands can't be bothered to turn up!!! I could understand this in the early rounds and perhaps even the group stage but we're in the last few rounds now.

The tickets are, in my view, reasonably priced and have been throughout the competition.

We were eliminated in round 1 of the other two cup comps so there's been no shelling out for Carling Cup or FA Cup runs.

This is only our second season in European competition in how many decades? Nobody's been spending a fortune on going to Euro games in the recent past so there's another excuse out.

Many of the excuses I've read on here are just lame. Like the standard Teletext-United 'fan' excuses that "I would go to OT but it's so hard to get a ticket" - they're bollocks.

If you don't want to come, then fine but when the club isn't playing European football, don't moan about it because you'll have no right to.

I second this.

Project Rain said:
ConnorMCFC said:
whalleystrange said:

I second this.

I'd third this, but unfortunately it's total bollox :-)

Why? Well because it's only now that people are really starting to feel the pinch. As recently as say 4 months ago there was a kind of "I'll ignore the recession cos it's not really affecting me" attitude in this country. It's very different now as home owners & those with kids are really starting to struggle. Not only that but when you're in fear of losing your job like many people are you become a whole lot less likely to shell out money on football.

As for the right to moan... people have that right too. I mean, look at your post ;-)

I literally couldn't get there.

And no, i couldn't give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks about me for not going last night.

But if you tell me where you sit, at the next home game(if i go!!!) i will come and give you a big round of applause for going last night. Well done!

ConnorMCFC said:
Manford said:
I didn't go, and i couldn't give a fuck!
that comment just about sums it up really, the fact you couldnt give a fuck? you do sound like a rag

I suspect he means he couldn't give a fcuk what you or anyone else thinks.

jay_mcfc said:
Ducado said:
It was a Thursday night against a relativity unknown Danish team, Live on TV, have you not heard there is a Credit Crunch on!

Was there not a credit crunch last week against Villa? Was that a midweek game? Was there a credit crunch at old trafford or anfield?

The excuses coming from the no shows are getting worse.

i said last week, and ill say again, its down to the opposition, unknown team, on tv, midweek, no moey, whats most gonna do??
if it was a semi final they would be queing to get it no matter who the oppo was

"...If you didnt go because you couldnt be arsed then my thoughts are you probably felt ashamed watching last night but other than that blues who didnt go shouldnt have to explain yourselves. I have to say if we were playing AC Milan and, before anyone says I know theyve gone out, we would have had at least 40 thousand there credit crunch or no credit crunch. It was a really poor attendance which annoyed me at first but once the game got under way I couldnt care less because I was there and I watch the blue boys turn it on..."

Hypothetically, if we were playing Milan, and 40 thou had turned up, would that mean 17 thou had turned up not to watch City, but to watch Milan?

That a bit scary...

A few people on this thread have admitted to not going and they are in the Hughes out brigade. Say's it all really.

Kris_Musampa said:
[If you didnt go because you couldnt be arsed then my thoughts are you probably felt ashamed watching last night but other than that blues who didnt go shouldnt have to explain yourselves. I have to say if we were playing AC Milan and, before anyone says I know theyve gone out, we would have had at least 40 thousand there credit crunch or no credit crunch. It was a really poor attendance which annoyed me at first but once the game got under way I couldnt care less because I was there and I watch the blue boys turn it on/quote]

Hypothetically, if we were playing Milan, and 40 thou had turned up, would that mean 17 thou had turned up not to watch City, but to watch Milan?

That a bit scary...

That's not what it means at all, not in the slightest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.