if your wtchn on the tv your a ****

Some of the contradictions in this thread are astounding.

I've heard people banging on about us being on our best euro run for years and how the crowds should be bigger. Yet some of these people want Hughes out, even though admitting we're on our best euro run for years.

Wheres the logic?

this thread is bollox, if people cant afford it then what is the problem. Yes ok there were more people at the Villa game because there would have been 20kplus season card holders who can't afford to shell out for every league cup,fa cup and european ticket. Some people have to pay the bills and dont have endless supplies of cash and time to watch every city game me included. I was there last night but if it was between spending £20 on a ticket or being able to feed myself for the week im affraid i would be watching it on the telly

Does anyone think attendances would increase if the games were not shown live on tv ?

BTW, yes I was there last night on one of my periodic attendances, but you know what - I got one of my friends to come, who had never been to either COMS or Maine Road before, and the only time he ever went to a City game was as a student in 1968 (away at Tottenham) !!!! Now, that's progress...

whitefield_blue said:
Yes ok there were more people at the Villa game because there would have been 20kplus season card holders who can't afford to shell out for every league cup,fa cup and european ticket.

Are you suggesting that against Villa there were 15k non-season ticket holders, all of whom went last night whereas over 10k season ticket holders didn't bother?

Actually that raises an interesting question, what percentage of season ticket holders were at the game last night? I'd imagine it was quite high.

Mentioning the league and FA cup is a waste of time, we had a total of one home game between the two this season.

I'm a season ticket holder, and I wasn't there last night.

As some have put it, there is a financial crisis on at the moment. As I am a student, I can't afford to feed myself, let alone go to the game. As I don't drive, I couldn't even afford the train fare for the Villa game and was gutted I missed out.
Does this make me a second class fan?

The reason people buy season tickets is price and guaranteed seats. I bought one because I had money at the time and knew I wouldn't be able to afford weekly tickets later. I will try my best to get to the next round, and to Istanbul, but I'm not holding my breath.

Considering I am in my twenties, and this is the first final City have ever been to in my lifetime, the thought of missing it cripples me, and all you pisstaking bastards who are giving the "lazy bastards" line to people who didn't show last night can fuck off.

some of the comments on this site make me sick
i"ve supported this club 4 over 30yrs been to maine road on bloody cold snowy nights watching some really ...lets face it crappy football ! back in the dark days (when things where really bad) with my brother + my dad,
so i think people should think before doubting anybodys loyalty to this football club
yes, we all love man city "once a blue always a blue" thats what i say
so to all those people chanting that shite last nite
SHAME ON YOU!
we"re all blues stop slagging your fellow supporters
anyway thats my rant over

to be honest, if you had valid reasons such as money or family/work commitments etc, then this clearly doesnt apply to you! i was on who attended and the only people i generally can't understand not going, are the ones who could but chose not to, and i think there was a lot of those last night.
i just hope they dont spend their time pushing for european places or moaning about where we finish, if they're not actually going to support us when we get there.

I already know that even if we make the final I won't be able to afford it. I've spent thousands watching the lads for over 20 years, but if we make it to the biggest game in my lifetime, without winning the lottery, I will be watching it on TV. Sorry for being a twat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.