If...

Joycee Banercheck said:
In an ideal world love is all would work. I agree with it myself. But it doesn't really work in the real world, does it? There's some evil people out there capable of doing really horrible things and they need punishing. However, for any member of the public to take matters into their own hands would end up with them getting punished for doing what 99% of people would probably like to do to them. So, lets create some facebook groups instead. That'll show them.
Lol, brilliant.

It's one of those things, in an ideal world, you're quite right, love is all would be brilliant. I personally am one of the few that do not believe on the death penalty on principal, but then every once in while a case will come up where the crime is so heinous, so disgusting it's rather hard to think of an alternative, although my morals conflict these basic emotions and reactions of revenge.

TMQ may be a bit controversial on occasion with his opinions on things.........but at least he says what he feels and doesn't play it by any mantra but his own.

softlad said:
This is all so ridiculous.

To all the pro-death penalty:

What if your son or daughter was wrongly convicted, or fitted up, and killed by the state?

How would you feel?

The death penalty obviously does not work, as the last time that i looked, the USA, China, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe or Burma are hardly crime free or free of maniacs?
The USA certainly is not free of nutbags who indulge their passion to kill. as pointed out earlier it's part of the animal in some of us that we've not eradicated through evolution and our ever increasing (decreasing?) intelligence.

For capital punishment to work it would have to be proved forensically beyond doubt that the person going to the guillotine is indeed the guilty party, then slice 'em off some!

mackenzie said:
TMQ may be a bit controversial on occasion with his opinions on things.........but at least he says what he feels and doesn't play it by any mantra but his own.

Is that a good thing?

GStar said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
mackenzie said:

Is that a good thing?

You don't really need that question anwsering?

Of course it's a good thing. I'm my own man. I dont have any agendas and I dont seek popularity.

Love is all.

Good to see that, in the end, I wasnt alone and that some people also oppose the cycle of killing and bloodlust.

The death penalty really does not work, it indulges our baser instincts for revenge/hate but nothing else.

Still, at least we had a debate, well some of us did, FDM just insulted me a lot but hey ho.

Debate is good for the soul

Love is all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.