If...

PistonBlue said:
No I don't think thats what he's implying. I just think that for one to shout so loudly he should at least have an alternative solution to that which he finds offensive.

I actually don't think he is very clear in his implications. 'Get off you arse and help your community' is quite a broad statement, that could have many considerations. Some clarity might be helpful.

However, I don't think that statement addresses the issue fully in any case. Simply to blame society for the causes of such events (murder) and then to offer no thoughts on what we as a society should do with the perpetrators of such crimes, and indeed the causes of why they occur in the first place, isn't at all helpful.

To some degree I can sympathise with TMQ's views (on the death penalty for instance) but the predominant theme in TMQ's posts is one of contempt for anyone with a different opinion to his.

Some decent points rasied there.

GStar said:
PistonBlue said:
No I don't think thats what he's implying. I just think that for one to shout so loudly he should at least have an alternative solution to that which he finds offensive.

I actually don't think he is very clear in his implications. 'Get off you arse and help your community' is quite a broad statement, that could have many considerations. Some clarity might be helpful.

However, I don't think that statement addresses the issue fully in any case. Simply to blame society for the causes of such events (murder) and then to offer no thoughts on what we as a society should do with the perpetrators of such crimes, and indeed the causes of why they occur in the first place, isn't at all helpful.

To some degree I can sympathise with TMQ's views (on the death penalty for instance) but the predominant theme in TMQ's posts is one of contempt for anyone with a different opinion to his.

The reason, I sometimes, perhaps, appear to show contempt to others is due to the fact that no sooner do I post and I'm accused of 'trying to be intelligent' or, pathetically and quite unfounded, effeminate.

I will always defend myself especially when I'm quite good at it.

I said all along I didnt have the answers and, in my opinion, only a real cretin would claim otherwise.

I dont have the answers, as I've said, I'm just opposed to eye for an eye. That's all.

TheMightyQuinn said:
GStar said:
PistonBlue said:

The reason, I sometimes, perhaps, appear to show contempt to others is due to the fact that no sooner do I post and I'm accused of 'trying to be intelligent' or, pathetically and quite unfounded, effeminate.

I will always defend myself especially when I'm quite good at it.

I said all along I didnt have the answers and, in my opinion, only a real cretin would claim otherwise.

I dont have the answers, as I've said, I'm just opposed to eye for an eye. That's all.

I thought "Love is all" make your fucking mind up

TheMightyQuinn said:

That's fine, but you can't, as you've done throughout this thread, say 'I'm opposed to that', then when questioned give no alternative.

ie you keep saying 'i don't think people who commit shocking murders should be murdered', and you've been asked on numerous occasions 'well how would you punish them then?' to which your answer is always 'i don't have all the answers'.

You can't contest something without giving an alternative. It ruins your credibility.

You may think that the likes of Tobin or the Baby P killers shouldn't be punished at all. If you do, just say that! Then we can have a proper debate with you.

shaundickov said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

That's fine, but you can't, as you've done throughout this thread, say 'I'm opposed to that', then when questioned give no alternative.

ie you keep saying 'i don't think people who commit shocking murders should be murdered', and you've been asked on numerous occasions 'well how would you punish them then?' to which your answer is always 'i don't have all the answers'.

You can't contest something without giving an alternative. It ruins your credibility.

You may think that the likes of Tobin or the Baby P killers shouldn't be punished at all. If you do, just say that! Then we can have a proper debate with you.

TBF 2 TMQ e's OK ....eh?

I don't have any answers, just questions.

I honestly don't know how I'd punish these people presuming I decided punishment was actually worthwhile etc it's a BIG fucking subject to be fair.

I just don't believe in killing anyone ever.

Love really is all.

TheMightyQuinn said:
I don't have any answers, just questions.

I honestly don't know how I'd punish these people presuming I decided punishment was actually worthwhile etc it's a BIG fucking subject to be fair.

I just don't believe in killing anyone ever.

Love really is all.

Don't beleive in killing, don't beleive in violence yet you call everyone who disagrees with you a "cretin" and all the names under the sun.

That's not very hippy now is it?

Love is all.

In an ideal world love is all would work. I agree with it myself. But it doesn't really work in the real world, does it? There's some evil people out there capable of doing really horrible things and they need punishing. However, for any member of the public to take matters into their own hands would end up with them getting punished for doing what 99% of people would probably like to do to them. So, lets create some facebook groups instead. That'll show them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.